HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Topics » Recreation » Birders (Group) » The annual Backyard Bird ...

Fri Feb 17, 2017, 11:14 AM

The annual Backyard Bird Count will be held Friday, February 17, through Monday, February 20, 2017.

https://www.northcountrypublicradio.org/news/story/33424/20170217/20th-annual-backyard-bird-count-is-this-weekend

3 replies, 147 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply The annual Backyard Bird Count will be held Friday, February 17, through Monday, February 20, 2017. (Original post)
In_The_Wind Feb 17 OP
livetohike Feb 17 #1
denverbill Feb 17 #2
NRaleighLiberal Tuesday #3

Response to In_The_Wind (Original post)

Fri Feb 17, 2017, 11:15 AM

1. Thanks!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Feb 17, 2017, 04:01 PM

2. Thanks for the link. They had a Bird ID app that I downloaded which will be nice to have.

The Merlin Bird ID from Cornell University. Handy little tool for people like me who know enough to say it's a sparrow but not what kind of sparrow.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 21, 2017, 10:43 PM

3. we did four 30-60 min sessions - was fun!

probably a total of 25 or so types - weirdest was lots of red winged blackbirds, first time ever in 25 years in our yard.
Had all three nuthatches, pine and myrtle warbler, and our usual host of bluebirds, cardinals, chickadees, carolina wren, white throated sparrow, downy and red bellied woodpeckers, brown thrasher, robins, towhees, juncos, goldfinch. was hoping for a rose breasted grosbeak but alas!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread