HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » Politics 2014 (Forum) » Jay Parmley, North Caroli...

Mon Apr 16, 2012, 12:18 AM

Jay Parmley, North Carolina Democratic Party Director, Resigns Amid Harassment Allegations

RALEIGH, N.C. -- The executive director of the North Carolina Democratic Party has resigned amid concern among party activists about high turnover at the party headquarters and harassment allegations there.

Jay Parmley, who became the top administrator last year after holding a similar post in South Carolina, resigned Sunday.

He wrote in a resignation letter that he had "never harassed any employee at any time at the (state party) or in any other job."

<SNIP>

Full post here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/15/jay-parmley-resigns_n_1427370.html

2 replies, 1042 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Jay Parmley, North Carolina Democratic Party Director, Resigns Amid Harassment Allegations (Original post)
Tx4obama Apr 2012 OP
MADem Apr 2012 #1
alp227 Apr 2012 #2

Response to Tx4obama (Original post)

Mon Apr 16, 2012, 12:24 AM

1. ...allegations, which the party has not detailed.

If it was getting to the point of being a distraction, particularly in that state, where the convention will be, it was good that he stepped down.

Even if he's pure as the driven snow, he can clear his name on his own time under his own auspices. It's just too close to NOV for that kind of stuff.

Does anyone have details about these allegations?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Tx4obama (Original post)

Tue Apr 24, 2012, 05:57 PM

2. Now his ex girlfriend claims that Parmley gave her HIV

http://tpmmuckraker.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/04/jay_parmley_nc_dem_hiv_rebecca_burgin.php

“And after Jay and I broke up, the biggest concern that I had was, ‘what if this happened to somebody else? Would he do this to someone else?’ … My biggest concern is for anybody else that has had a relationship with him that he did not tell,” Rebecca Burgin, 29, told The Daily Caller.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread