HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Alabama Landlords Fear Re...

Sun Jan 7, 2018, 02:45 PM

Alabama Landlords Fear Renting New Home To Roy Moore Accuser Whose Home Burned In Arson Fire

Johnson said she’s struggling now to get out of the motel room that she, husband and grandson have been sharing since the fire.

'They don’t want to rent to me,' Johnson told AL.com Saturday of Etowah County rental property owners. 'They think, if they burned that house down, they might burn my house down. They have nothing available.'

The Etowah County Arson Task Force says a person of interest has been questioned but no arrest has been made. They add that the investigation 'does not lead us to believe that the fire is in any way related to Roy Moore or allegations made against him.'

[link:http://www.joemygod.com/2018/01/07/alabama-landlords-fear-renting-new-home-roy-moore-accuser-whose-home-burned-arson-fire/]

5 replies, 1607 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Alabama Landlords Fear Renting New Home To Roy Moore Accuser Whose Home Burned In Arson Fire (Original post)
Crash2Parties Jan 2018 OP
JonLP24 Jan 2018 #1
misanthrope Jan 2018 #2
efhmc Jan 2018 #4
Kirk Lover Jan 2018 #3
lamp_shade Jan 2018 #5

Response to Crash2Parties (Original post)

Sun Jan 7, 2018, 02:48 PM

1. Police are saying that because they have nobody

It is a reasonable assumption it probably had something to do with it. Another example why people are reluctant to speak out.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Jan 7, 2018, 03:55 PM

2. That's how it works

It's why I roll my eyes at nostalgia and the romantic waxing about the bucolic life of small towns. There's a lot of it we choose to forget or not see.

Reply to this post

Response to misanthrope (Reply #2)

Sun Jan 7, 2018, 04:12 PM

4. Small towns are good for

small minded people. Those who are not small minded go on frequent long trips to other cities or countries.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 7, 2018, 03:57 PM

3. She's got a lot of money in that gofund me and I read that a corporation also

donated 100K so that's 250K so far, the go fund me is still going strong. I'm sure she'll be able to buy a brand new home with I hope top notch security.

Reply to this post

Sun Jan 7, 2018, 05:38 PM

5. $157,006 in 3 days.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread