HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Cameras captured list of ...

Thu Feb 22, 2018, 12:41 AM

Cameras captured list of five pointers Trump held for listening session with Parkland kids

?ops=scalefit_720_noupscale

At a “listening session” with victims of gun violence on Wednesday, President Donald Trump needed a reminder to listen.

We know this because Trump ― or one of his advisers ― helpfully wrote it down on a cheat sheet he carried into the meeting.

Cameras captured the list of five pointers while Trump held it in his hands during the session. Point No. 5 on the list reads, simply, “I hear you.”

In the president’s defense, it’s not unusual to bring notes to a meeting. But to need a reminder to let gun violence survivors know you’re listening to them, while at a “listening session” organized for that explicit purpose is ... well, very on-brand for Trump.

The guest list for Wednesday’s session included students and families affected by last week’s shooting at a high school in Parkland, Florida, that killed 17 people. It was an emotional affair, as survivors of gun violence recalled lost siblings, frequently struggling to hold back tears.

More:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/trump-gun-violence-listening-session-cheat-sheet_us_5a8df898e4b077f5bfeaca88

6 replies, 948 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Cameras captured list of five pointers Trump held for listening session with Parkland kids (Original post)
Quixote1818 Feb 2018 OP
benld74 Feb 2018 #1
HipChick Feb 2018 #5
C_U_L8R Feb 2018 #2
democratisphere Feb 2018 #3
VOX Feb 2018 #4
Grammy23 Feb 2018 #6

Response to Quixote1818 (Original post)

Thu Feb 22, 2018, 12:47 AM

1. Thats either large note paper or,,,

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to benld74 (Reply #1)

Thu Feb 22, 2018, 01:47 AM

5. He's too vain to wear glasses..

those fonts are huge...darn those HD camera lens...

He looked more red than Orange today too...

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 22, 2018, 12:52 AM

2. We see you.

A President so dense he needs a list of the most mundane talking points. We also see the vanity-plated cuffs and fancyschmancy manicure, and neither can disguise the pitifully tiny hands of this incompetent.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 22, 2018, 01:32 AM

3. The mentality and concentration of a child listening to kids.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 22, 2018, 01:43 AM

4. Only a sociopath would need a written note to tell himself how to FEEL.

Wonder who wrote it for him. Sad. Very sad.

Reply to this post

Thu Feb 22, 2018, 01:58 AM

6. He really is a dullard, isnt he?

It would not surprise me if he had notes to remind him to smile and look interested.

On another topic — Has he ditched his wedding ring? Or has he ever worn one since marrying Melania? Not that a ring means anything. My husband has not worn his wedding ring since the earliest days of our marriage because he worked in jobs where it was dangerous to wear a ring. I doubt it would fit now that he is retired.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread