HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Two Nunberg Questions

Mon Mar 5, 2018, 10:25 PM

Two Nunberg Questions

Regarding Sam Nunberg:

(1) Do you think he'll “calm down” and appear before the grand jury on Friday?
(2) Why do you think he is in a panic, saying that he will refuse to cooperate?

There are no “right” or “wrong” answers. Only opinions.

Thanks,
H2O Man

10 replies, 965 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply Two Nunberg Questions (Original post)
H2O Man Mar 2018 OP
RandomAccess Mar 2018 #1
H2O Man Mar 2018 #2
RandomAccess Mar 2018 #3
H2O Man Mar 2018 #5
berni_mccoy Mar 2018 #4
H2O Man Mar 2018 #6
coeur_de_lion Mar 2018 #7
H2O Man Mar 2018 #8
uncle ray Mar 2018 #9
H2O Man Mar 2018 #10

Response to H2O Man (Original post)

Mon Mar 5, 2018, 10:32 PM

1. If he gets on -- or off -- his meds (whichever applies)

I think he will. It might, however, take a little interaction from Mueller's team to help him see the advisability of that.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to RandomAccess (Reply #1)

Mon Mar 5, 2018, 10:34 PM

2. He was on

something, especially while talking to Katy on MSNBC. I will speculate that his legal team is not pleased with that display.

Reply to this post

Response to H2O Man (Reply #2)

Mon Mar 5, 2018, 10:35 PM

3. Yes, here's one expert opinion on the matter:

Sam Nunberg on @jaketapper is 50% Roger Stone & 50% Trump's speed doctor but as a man who knows I can tell he's running low on go go juice. Slurring in 3,2,1...
4:13 PM - Mar 5, 2018

Reply to this post

Response to RandomAccess (Reply #3)

Mon Mar 5, 2018, 10:38 PM

5. It was evident

to me, and I included a hidden clue in the OP.

Reply to this post

Response to H2O Man (Original post)

Mon Mar 5, 2018, 10:37 PM

4. (1) Probably not. (2) His media appearances were orchestrated by Trump Org.

There is no doubt this was an orchestrated maneuver. I have yet to figure out why other than Trump et al are dumber than we feared.

Reply to this post

Response to berni_mccoy (Reply #4)

Mon Mar 5, 2018, 10:41 PM

6. Right!

Sam was whimpering about not wanting to testify against Roger Stone. If Roger did nothing wrong, Sam could not testify against him.

But Stone is the "missing link" that Mr. Mueller has identified.

Strange how last week, Sam was on television saying how solid and worthwhile the investigation was. That was when he thought Jared was the exclusive high-level target. Fool.

Reply to this post

Response to H2O Man (Reply #6)

Mon Mar 5, 2018, 11:08 PM

7. He's unhinged clearly.

(1) Do you think he'll “calm down” and appear before the grand jury on Friday?

Yes. Its in his best interest to do so, ultimately. Instead of being compelled to do so.

They all know what they did. They have to know that Mueller does too. They are not that damn stupid are they? Why bother with all the subterfuge? When you're caught you're caught.

Oh wait I forgot who we're talking about. He may make Mueller force him to come on down. He was babbling about Stone being like a father to him.

In a way I feel sorry for this one because he feels mistreated by Fredo and now he can be in legal trouble because of what he knows about the Fredo campaign and Russia.

(2) Why do you think he is in a panic, saying that he will refuse to cooperate?

Way back when John Podesta accused Stone of knowing about the wikileaks release of his emails beforehand. Is that where we're at here? Does Mueller have proof of this and does it have something to do with this request? Is it possible that Nunberg and Stone discussed it over email?

Off topic.

It occurred to me late last night that if Ryan thinks Pence is going to be ensnared in the Mueller probe he is just biding his time, waiting to be president.

Reply to this post

Response to coeur_de_lion (Reply #7)

Mon Mar 5, 2018, 11:29 PM

8. Very good.

I think he'll go, too. But whatever information that he found while reviewing old e-mails has scared him. And I think it will come out that Stone had e-mails with Nunberg and Bannon that reveal this. Good gracious! How stupid are they?

I've wondered about Pence's role. Without question, he at least knew that Flynn was on the phone with the Russian ambassador, discussing sanctions. And he knew Flynn lied to the FBI. How much more is hard to say. But I've heard that there is more. And if I've heard that, I'm sure Ryan has heard that and more.

Reply to this post

Response to H2O Man (Reply #8)

Mon Mar 5, 2018, 11:46 PM

9. i think he really wants to convince Roger that he didn't provide the info to Mueller.

he realized what he was sitting on, realized that Mueller already knows this and now is trying desperately to prevent an unfortunate accident from happening.

Reply to this post

Response to uncle ray (Reply #9)

Mon Mar 5, 2018, 11:49 PM

10. Interesting.

White House sources have been telling CNN that poor Sam ain't stable. And his behavior today would easily be part of a cover story if something unfortunate happens to him.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread