HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Most people that voted fo...

Thu Mar 15, 2018, 12:12 PM

Most people that voted for Trump were some combination of racist, sexist, xenophobe, homophobe, etc.

If you assume that they all were, you will be correct the vast majority of the time. I am sure there a a few that weren't....somewhere.

5 replies, 763 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Most people that voted for Trump were some combination of racist, sexist, xenophobe, homophobe, etc. (Original post)
LexVegas Mar 2018 OP
Hoyt Mar 2018 #1
anarch Mar 2018 #2
Kittycow Mar 2018 #3
NCTraveler Mar 2018 #4
UTUSN Mar 2018 #5

Response to LexVegas (Original post)

Thu Mar 15, 2018, 12:17 PM

1. If one tolerates a racist, etc., they "is" one.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Mar 15, 2018, 12:28 PM

2. yep, and if you want to change their mind/get their vote, you can't use reason

The only way they will vote for a Democratic candidate is if that choice somehow appeals to their hopes, or assuages their fears.

Such as "it's the economy, stupid." Which "it" always is in a sense, but that's not all it is.

In my opinion, the common denominator is Fear, and the Republicans have consistently leveraged that to their advantage, including a longstanding campaign to create more and greater fears amongst the easily manipulated, who are already bigoted in some way or another, as you say.

Statistically speaking, everyone who voted for the Idiot Treason Clown is bigoted and fearful of some "other" who they think is going to take something from them.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 15, 2018, 12:30 PM

3. My family is one-issue voting: anti-abortion.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 15, 2018, 12:32 PM

4. No doubt about it.

You are completely correct by using the word most. Overwhelming majority would work as well.

Reply to this post

Thu Mar 15, 2018, 05:51 PM

5. Agreed. There's another thread maybe in reaction to this or vice versa saying SHITLER voters are

not ALL racists/etc, plus that some of them had previously voted for OBAMA, to which I say that if they are not (ALL of them) some of these odious things that there is something ELSE wrong with their view of the world and that flipping so wildly from OBAMA to SHITLER is an aberration of rationality.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread