HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » German Newspaper Hits Tru...

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 11:33 AM

German Newspaper Hits Trump with Brutal Takedown; Said What No American Media Has Dared

Donald Trump is a terrible president. He’s also a terrible person, and a pretty awful American as well. No rational, thoughtful, or objective person could think otherwise. His supporters, however, meet few of those requirements, and they love the man with a rabid fever.

Now, as Trump continues to isolate and divide the United States, the world has begun to weigh in. One German newspaper has just brutally said what every sane American thinks about Trump. Der Spiegel just published an article called “A Danger to the World: It’s Time to Get Rid of Donald Trump”. Here are a few of the highlights:

Donald Trump is not fit to be president of the United States. He does not possess the requisite intellect and does not understand the significance of the office he holds nor the tasks associated with it. He doesn’t read. He doesn’t bother to peruse important files and intelligence reports and knows little about the issues that he has identified as his priorities. His decisions are capricious and they are delivered in the form of tyrannical decrees.

…He is a man free of morals. As has been demonstrated hundreds of times, he is a liar, a racist and a cheat. I feel ashamed to use these words, as sharp and loud as they are. But if they apply to anyone, they apply to Trump. And one of the media’s tasks is to continue telling things as they are: Trump has to be removed from the White House. Quickly. He is a danger to the world.

The rest here, it is not long to read :

http://thebluewavecommunity.com/german-newspaper-hits-trump-with-brutal-takedown-said-what-no-american-media-has-dared/

89 replies, 18661 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 89 replies Author Time Post
Reply German Newspaper Hits Trump with Brutal Takedown; Said What No American Media Has Dared (Original post)
syringis Apr 2018 OP
dalton99a Apr 2018 #1
syringis Apr 2018 #10
dalton99a Apr 2018 #16
Hortensis Apr 2018 #22
onit2day Apr 2018 #80
mountain grammy Apr 2018 #39
The Velveteen Ocelot Apr 2018 #2
dalton99a Apr 2018 #7
Hortensis Apr 2018 #29
PSPS Apr 2018 #3
Anon-C Apr 2018 #4
davekriss Apr 2018 #11
Anon-C Apr 2018 #26
davekriss Apr 2018 #30
calimary Apr 2018 #50
treestar Apr 2018 #5
Baitball Blogger Apr 2018 #6
Angry Dragon Apr 2018 #8
ProfessorGAC Apr 2018 #83
Angry Dragon Apr 2018 #84
AJT Apr 2018 #9
SallyHemmings Apr 2018 #12
DBoon Apr 2018 #21
world wide wally Apr 2018 #14
Aristus Apr 2018 #77
world wide wally Apr 2018 #78
davekriss Apr 2018 #24
Scurrilous Apr 2018 #13
FakeNoose Apr 2018 #15
vi5 Apr 2018 #17
CrispyQ Apr 2018 #32
vi5 Apr 2018 #37
CrispyQ Apr 2018 #40
LittleGirl Apr 2018 #42
calimary Apr 2018 #52
KY_EnviroGuy Apr 2018 #58
vi5 Apr 2018 #70
KY_EnviroGuy Apr 2018 #81
vi5 Apr 2018 #86
KY_EnviroGuy Apr 2018 #88
uponit7771 Apr 2018 #76
whathehell Apr 2018 #57
calimary Apr 2018 #51
uponit7771 Apr 2018 #75
PatSeg Apr 2018 #18
dalton99a Apr 2018 #23
syringis Apr 2018 #27
PatSeg Apr 2018 #34
triron Apr 2018 #19
DFW Apr 2018 #20
LittleGirl Apr 2018 #43
Lionel Mandrake Apr 2018 #64
Mountain Mule Apr 2018 #25
certainot Apr 2018 #28
PoindexterOglethorpe Apr 2018 #31
Initech Apr 2018 #33
workinclasszero Apr 2018 #35
smirkymonkey Apr 2018 #36
BadGimp Apr 2018 #38
dalton99a Apr 2018 #45
leanforward Apr 2018 #47
syringis Apr 2018 #49
7962 Apr 2018 #41
bobbieinok Apr 2018 #44
Ferrets are Cool Apr 2018 #46
bronxiteforever Apr 2018 #48
Upthevibe Apr 2018 #61
kimbutgar Apr 2018 #53
defacto7 Apr 2018 #54
Demovictory9 Apr 2018 #55
Hulk Apr 2018 #56
hvn_nbr_2 Apr 2018 #59
nolabels Apr 2018 #60
eppur_se_muova Apr 2018 #63
MrModerate Apr 2018 #62
Lionel Mandrake Apr 2018 #65
ailsagirl Apr 2018 #66
BobTheSubgenius Apr 2018 #67
red dog 1 Apr 2018 #68
Mc Mike Apr 2018 #69
The River Apr 2018 #71
rock Apr 2018 #72
Cha Apr 2018 #73
Civic Justice Apr 2018 #74
triron Apr 2018 #79
DFW Apr 2018 #82
Nitram Apr 2018 #85
Kashkakat v.2.0 Apr 2018 #87
Meowmee Apr 2018 #89

Response to syringis (Original post)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 11:36 AM

1. And they said it almost a year ago

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to dalton99a (Reply #1)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 11:51 AM

10. Hi Dalton

I missed it. Thanks for the link.

Well, it is even more accurate today.

Day by day, Trump is getting worse

Reply to this post

Response to syringis (Reply #10)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:00 PM

16. Glad you reposted it

because not many people got to see it - some even thought it was alarmist

Reply to this post

Response to dalton99a (Reply #16)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:08 PM

22. But why include the lying dig at our domestic media?

Everything in that German piece has been said by our media a thousand times in practically every possible way. Haven't been watching today, but no doubt they're doing it today also, and for sure tomorrow.

What is it that causes some people to be drawn to dishonest slams of Americans? I would have posted the German text, probably from a different source that was without this very questionable agenda but, if from this one, certainly dumping the lying header.

I don't knowingly copy lies. Ever.

Reply to this post

Response to syringis (Reply #10)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 11:09 PM

80. Because there is no one to hold him accountable

Reply to this post

Response to dalton99a (Reply #1)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:37 PM

39. Yes, it sounded familiar..

always worth the read. More true today, if that's even possible.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 11:37 AM

2. The article in Der Spiegel is from last May.

And Trump has only gotten worse.

Reply to this post

Response to The Velveteen Ocelot (Reply #2)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 11:41 AM

7. Yes, much worse

Reply to this post

Response to dalton99a (Reply #7)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:18 PM

29. I suspect it may be a vehicle for the agitprop header.

These messages are found everywhere and infiltrate all but the most careful mediums. Our enemies are engaged in massive efforts to undermine Americans' confidence in our media, along with the rest of our systems.

This message would be aimed mostly at the out-of-mainstream left as most vulnerable to this kind of blatant dishonesty, the more prone to distrust and paranoia the better, but any vulnerable mind that spreads its legs for this stuff is target.

Reply to this post

3. The piece was actually published a year ago, and it's even worse now.

Reply to this post

4. ...

Reply to this post

Response to Anon-C (Reply #4)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 11:52 AM

11. Eek!

That scene is from Citizen Kane where Welles forces applause from a shocked audience after all were subjected to the dismal operatic performance of his trophy wife.

Der Spiegel deserves authentic applause. Not that you meant anything less, of course. Just sayin’

Reply to this post

Response to davekriss (Reply #11)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:10 PM

26. The irony was lost on me!

Reply to this post

Response to Anon-C (Reply #26)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:20 PM

30. ha!

Got me! (me telling an old ... how to applaud.)

And I’m pounding the table here.

👏 😊

Reply to this post

Response to davekriss (Reply #30)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 01:24 PM

50. So am I.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 11:39 AM

5. Reading Fire and Fury

it is obvious. Only last year and most of the people in that book are gone. The Dotard does not discuss policy with any of them; only about what coverage he is getting.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 11:39 AM

6. Donald Trump: Ugly American, even in his own country.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 11:41 AM

8. Going down, down, down, down

Reply to this post

Response to Angry Dragon (Reply #8)

Mon Apr 2, 2018, 07:03 AM

83. That Was A Jam Night Song For Us

Simple, hard rocking tune and you could have three guitar players up there with lots of room for everyone.

Glad you brought that up!

Reply to this post

Response to ProfessorGAC (Reply #83)

Mon Apr 2, 2018, 07:11 AM

84. You are welcome

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 11:44 AM

9. I wish we had a brave media.

Reply to this post

Response to AJT (Reply #9)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 11:53 AM

12. The MSM help sell our endless war..

They should give him or any member of his team air time.

Reply to this post

Response to SallyHemmings (Reply #12)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:07 PM

21. when we have the next world war

the media will "just put some bleachers out in the sun and have it on Highway 61"

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 11:57 AM

14. I wish we were "the home of the brave"

We have far too many cowards in positions of power and influence.
I just cannot imagine Paul Ryan fighting alongside of Davey Crockett at the Alamo... Or alongside Popeye against Bluto for that matter.

Reply to this post

Response to world wide wally (Reply #14)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 09:33 PM

77. I can.

Davey Crockett, and everyone else at the Alamo, was fighting to separate Texas from Mexico, which had abolished slavery. The War for Texan Independence was a successful effort to preserve slavery.

There's nothing noble about that.

Reply to this post

Response to Aristus (Reply #77)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 09:48 PM

78. I never said a word about noble,,, just brave

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:09 PM

24. Why would we expect a brave media?

This is what happens when you blow up the Fairness Doctrine, Rule of Sevens, and Anti-Attack provisions of the FCC. Did you see yesterday’s post illustrating the word-for-word chorus of Sinclair local news readers touting a must-be-run rightwing propaganda piece? And Sinclair Corp reaches 79% of households. Given what they’re fed, the marginally interested have little chance of developing an accurate world view.

Major media is now concentrated in the hands of 5 mega-corporate owners so, for the most part, so called “tele-journalists” won’t stray far from the messaging desired by their owners. The major media has collapsed into a highly effective tool for social control.

A short while ago it was “Russia bad”. Now it’s “Russia good”. I can hope that the owning elites decide to turn on Trump. If that happens, he’ll be out of the White House in a heartbeat.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 11:54 AM

13. K&R

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 11:58 AM

15. Here's something I didn't know

SpiegelOnline International is the online blog of Der Spiegel, a German publication - that I knew - but their website is in English for all the folks who read English as a second language. That would include just about everyone in Europe and Asia. (Probably most of South America too.) I'm going to make this one of my regular stops from now on.

Der Spiegel is a high-quality European news outlet on the level of the New York Times, I'd say.

Here's a link to the OP's source: http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/donald-trump-is-a-menace-to-the-world-opinion-a-1148471.html

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:01 PM

17. It's time for some prominent Dems to start working the refs....

...the reason the American media does this "both sides" bullshit dance as it's core tactic is because for years Republicans called them out (incorrectly) on their perceived biases.

But rather than fighting fire with fire, too many Democrats decided to play along and pretend that there really was a need for "bipartisan" coverage. Too many of them had this naive faith in a core American institution that just does not exist any more. And they've spent too long letting this get out of hand and hoping and wishing that it would just course correct.

It hasn't.

It's not going to.

Just as the long gone days of Tip and Ronnie being best buds after "work", the days of an honest media and the days of any good-faith Republicans existing are long gone. And we need more people in power on our side to start acting that way.

We need to start demanding that they push back. No Democrat should go on Fox news. Ever.

No democrat should be on any show and allow the host or hosts to get away with the "whataboutisms" or the "but so and so said/did."

Call out their (actual not perceived) biases.

Reply to this post

Response to vi5 (Reply #17)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:26 PM

32. This.

So much this!

Why are there predominately republicans on the Sunday morning news shows? Is it because the dems aren't invited? You are US Congress people for fuck's sake, call the network & demand to be put on the air. Get the party talking points lined up with responses to the GOP/media bullshit & start calling them out on it!

I just don't see this with the democratic party. I believe the dems ran scared of the media, back in the 80s when Reagan poked fun at them for being liberals. At the same time, the right was funding think tanks to craft their message, & buying up radio stations to broadcast it, & now half the population hates libtards & would rather vote for Satan than a democrat. It's that bad & the dems have blinders on about it.

Reply to this post

Response to CrispyQ (Reply #32)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:33 PM

37. IMHO this was Obama's biggest blind spot....

I really do (want to) believe that he was just naive about how bad it had gotten, and (and the whole party's) ability to overcome it. And since one of his main jobs is to set the tone for the rest of the party, he set the tone that turning the other cheek on this stuff was the way to go. I respected so much his ability to just float above it all and not let the hatred and anger and racism fluster him. But I think too many others took their cues from that and rather than rabidly defending and pushing back they just thought(as he seemed to) that there was still good out there in the media and the Republican party.

There wasn't.

There isn't.

Going high when they go low as an overarching Democratic party method didn't work.

We need people that can and will go unapologetically low when they are attacked by low. Not lie. Not smear. Just fight fire with fire instead of turning the other cheek politically.

Reply to this post

Response to vi5 (Reply #37)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:49 PM

40. Again, this!

I think that when you work closely with someone, it's hard to think of them in terms of being vile. But the dems need to realize that their GOP counterparts are just that! McConnell is vile. Ryan is vile. The republican party has gone so far right & lacks any moral compass at all, that anyone who identifies with the party is vile. I don't think our democratic politicians believe this, & like you said, take the high road.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:51 PM

42. Thank you

I have been blasting those thoughts in my head for a long time too! You were able to type it all so well. Thanks.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 01:32 PM

52. AND This, too!

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 02:11 PM

58. There's a line from a country song...

"I've been down so long it looks like up to me".

President Obama's attitude perhaps comes for that of most long-term minorities of instinctively turning the other cheek because they've had no other choice for so long. He also knew the psychological impact of him being the first black president.

I do agree we need very loud voices as a counter-weight. We should somehow target some of the right-wing's lies with laser focus and pound it in their faces daily.

If I were a god and one of mercy, Rupert Murdoch would become a Walmart greeter overnight.....

Reply to this post

Response to KY_EnviroGuy (Reply #58)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 05:27 PM

70. I understand why he had to do it...

..the same reason why Hillary had to remain stoic in the face of many egregious and offensive attacks. They were both damned if they did and damned if they didn't, so they erred on the side of the high road. I don't at all begrudge them that. But it sometimes felt as though they wanted everyone around them and in the party to also take the high road, and it left us open and vulnerable and allowing the Republicans to frame the narratives and it has in the long run hurt us more than helped us.

Maybe they didn't issue those marching orders. Maybe the Dems "underneath" them in terms of power and scope were just scared of a fight, in which case shame on them.

But whatever the cause, the effect has been one that has knocked us down and it's time we got back up and started fighting. There's only so much those of us in the trenches can do.

It's time for those in power with D's after their names to get their hands dirty. Really dirty.

No more dry powder.

No more high road.

Fight them on their turf on their terms.

Reply to this post

Response to vi5 (Reply #70)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 11:48 PM

81. We need 1,000 of Howard Dean to fight fire with fire.

Through the years, I kept asking myself "why aren't religion-claiming Republican politicians calling out at least the most blatant lies and distortions coming from Faux News and Limbaugh (and later, Trump)?" and, "don't they listen to the radio or watch TV?".

I finally accepted that they do know it's going on and probably help feed it and encourage it, and are so morally corrupt that they don't care about the damage it does to our society. It's comparable to secretly hiring an assassin for your own family and not caring. That makes me afraid that around 30% of our populace are psychopaths.

I don't' think it's going dirty to simply call them liars when they lie, and I'm not hearing many effective voices outside our bubble doing that.

I also think the MSM is afraid of anyone open and truthful because of potential backlash from the right-wing audience and their own (mostly) right-wing board of directors.

Reply to this post

Response to KY_EnviroGuy (Reply #81)

Mon Apr 2, 2018, 08:59 AM

86. And that is exactly the reason why Dean was treated the way he was....

....I feel like after our massive 2008 victory rather than the party hoisting Dean on their shoulders and giving him a prominent position in the party or the Obama administration, he was practically shoved in a closet and his methods shunted aside with the all too-frequent refrain of "We got this now" in favor of the horrible "bipartisan" and "post-partisan" efforts.

And that was one of the biggest mistakes of the Obama administration.

Reply to this post

Response to vi5 (Reply #86)

Tue Apr 3, 2018, 01:27 AM

88. I'm afraid we may goodie-goodie our way into oblivion unless...

we find a strong voice. Repugs are slowing gaining control of all our media mainly because they have access to vast amounts of capital. They're also trying to gain control of our educational systems. In a nutshell - brainwash, keep 'em dumb and in fear, and slowly destroy the government.

It is a very frightening situation to this old man that was raised by parents that went through the Great Depression and lost brothers in WWII. We may well have to go through another one to reset our compass, but hopefully we avoid the war.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 09:31 PM

76. +1, I think we can still go high but not in the dumbest most weak kneed way possible. The MSD kids .

... are a great example of going high and running over conservatives while doing such

Reply to this post

Response to CrispyQ (Reply #32)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 02:01 PM

57. Yes, the Dems need to push back on the Inbalance. n/t

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 01:31 PM

51. THIS!

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 09:29 PM

75. +1

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:03 PM

18. Yes, this is not just an American issue

This disaster in the White House affects the entire world. He is a danger to us all.

Reply to this post

Response to PatSeg (Reply #18)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:08 PM

23. Absolutely.

Reply to this post

Response to PatSeg (Reply #18)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:11 PM

27. Hi PatSeg

It is what I kept saying from day one.

His incompetence affects the entire world and we all should learn from this disaster.

Anyone who wants to lead a country must prove he has the capacities. At least, knowing the national and international institutions, the rules, a rough history time line, a mental stability, a minimum of knowledge.

We live in a global world interconnected 7/24h. We cannot anymore give to any unhinged ignorant, the power to destroy what have been painfully built.

Reply to this post

Response to syringis (Reply #27)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:27 PM

34. Exactly

I took for granted the role that the United States has played in the world since World War II. There is a delicate balance between democracies and more autocratic regimes, one that requires constant and diligent diplomacy. If one key player goes rogue, everything could fall apart. There are so many hot spots around the world, tinder boxes waiting for a match. Meanwhile, Trump doesn't believe in diplomacy, but loves military force.

We have every reason to be terrified.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:05 PM

19. Sums up how I've felt for over a year.

Our media has framed a false narrative. It is very depressing and alarming.
Laydeebug (where is she now?) tried to warn us: "Don't let them frame the fucking narrative" They have.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:06 PM

20. Der Spiegel rarely pulls punches

But there is a reason why no American media puts things in quite those terms

"Trump has to be removed from the White House" is a phrase that can get anyone publishing it in the USA into serious trouble with the Secret Service in the USA. Plenty of right wing rags did indeed get visits for exactly that reason while Obama was president, and we can't very well insist on different rules now.

I think either Mother Nature and restless Republican members of Congress are probably in an unconscious race to bring about just such a result anyway, but if a public media arm advocates it, they can be justifiably asked just who they meant should carry out the removing, and that's where it gets precarious. There are few answers to that question that will NOT have serious legal consequences.

Plus, Der Spiegel never even addresses our constitutionally dictated line of succession, which, even if Trump is removed either by medical affliction or Congressional action, which would leave us with Ayatollah Pence--a man who means our country no good by any stretch of the imagination. A President Pence could leave the editorial board of Der Spiegel pining for the good old days of Trump before you could say "Hätte ich nur gewusst (if I had only known)."

Reply to this post

Response to DFW (Reply #20)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:54 PM

43. +1

I was hoping to hear your take on this. Spot on!
Cheers

Reply to this post

Response to DFW (Reply #20)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 02:53 PM

64. There must be a safe way to paraphrase the message

"Trump has to be removed from the White House". How about "It's time for the House Judiciary Committee to get off its collective rear end and do something about Trump." That's probably not the best possible paraphrase, but then I'm no journalist.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:09 PM

25. K&R! nt

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:11 PM

28. whadoyoumean? i've been saying that every day!

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:24 PM

31. Thank you for that link.

It did get me to thinking about both the White House staff and all the Cabinet members.

I keep on wondering how a rational person can possibly work on the White House staff. They would have to want the perceived power and despise the left far, far more than they care about a coherent policy or a sane President.

As for cabinet members, not only are they truly dedicated to ruining the agencies they are heading, but they clearly have no real idea what their agency actually does, which makes it even worse.

Day by day things that have made this country good, even great, are being destroyed.

Of course, anyone who actually had a clue what Trump had been like as a businessman knew he'd be a disaster as a President, and he's turned out to be far worse than we thought.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:26 PM

33. Well considering how much of his "base" lies, cheats, steals, and commits adultery...

They kind of deserve him. He puts all of their faults on a global platform for the whole world to see. He is the face of all their racism, sexism, homophobia, misogyny, and transphobia. And he's brought it out in the worst of us, and the rest of the world is seeing how ugly these people really are. Hopefully we'll be able to rectify this in 2020 and kick these assholes out of office, assuming that we still have offices left.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:31 PM

35. "He is a danger to the world."

Truer words were never spoken!

I think we may be lulled a bit into thinking we are safe now from Trump and his minions.

We look forward to the midterms and dream of a blue wave that will wash out this horrendous republican dictators power and save America. I fervently wish for that as well, but..

Trump still has all the power in his hands and a rubber stamp congress that refuses to do its duty to protect and defend the Constitution and the people of the US from enemies, foreign and domestic.

IOW...I dread the coming months, I really do.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:32 PM

36. Thank you syringis!

If only we had such a brave and honest press over here!

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:35 PM

38. This blog seems really suspect to me

It has many of the hallmarks of a fake news site. Maybe Fake News is not the right term. It could for example just be a click farm, or a quick money making effort, as they do use generic ad services to monetize traffic.

For example:
- They don't list the names of any of their contributors:
http://thebluewavecommunity.com/about/
- RED FLAG: They do not include links to the stories they post about, while almost all of the posts are based on or about stories originating on other sites.
- I saw NO way to JOIN or SIGN UP (so it's not a community, while Community is in the name)
- I saw No Comments on any posts
- Traffic: Their Aleaxa traffic Ranking suggests their traffic has only recently spiked up (but significantly)
https://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/thebluewavecommunity.com#trafficstats
- Their Facebook page has 280,320 followers yet and only started in mid-Dec 2016. Ther is a good deal of posts on the feed/community
https://www.facebook.com/pg/thebluewavecommunity/community/?ref=page_internal
- Twitter: I was unable to find a Twitter account under @thebluewavecommunity or @bluewavecommunity, and there is only 1 tweet listing the #TheBlueWaveCommunity hashtag

It could be a 100% legitimate site of course but I am highly suspect.

Reply to this post

Response to BadGimp (Reply #38)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 01:14 PM

45. Good point

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 01:21 PM

47. Thanks for a critical analysis

Where is the link to the German newspaper?

I could see where the linked site could be trolling for some reason.

Something is wrong with the site.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 01:23 PM

49. Hi BadGimp

It is the first time I heard of it.

Thank you for the warning.

If I have to post again from them, I'll check carefully.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 12:49 PM

41. That will just make trumpers say "See! He's getting to them!"

"them europeans cant tell us what to do!"

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 01:02 PM

44. Small note - Der Spiegel is not a newspaper; it's a magazine.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 01:18 PM

46. Damn, preach it!!!

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 01:22 PM

48. Kick and recommend.

Reply to this post

Response to bronxiteforever (Reply #48)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 02:44 PM

61. Why don't any of the wealthy Progressives

buy some radio stations? Here in Los Angeles, we lost Stephanie Miller and others (including Randi Rhodes) several years ago. It was 1150 on the a.m. dial and now it's called "Patriot Radio" with the worse of the right (Limbaugh, Hannit). We also lost a really good rock station called The Sound (100.3 f.m.) to some Christian outfit. Does anyone have any input or ideas on why someone like a Tom Steyer - (the guy who buys ads on MSNBC in support of impeaching dt) doesn't buy some stations? Also, is there a link that someone could post regarding exactly how we lost The Fairness Doctrine? I have a friend who blames Clinton (and she's a Dem.), and I don't know enough about what happened to say it wasn't Clinton....Thanks to anyone who can give me some feedback..

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 01:39 PM

53. I was in Frankfurt recently and they had a Chinese news station in English, no CNN international

The commentator did a brutal takedown of twitler and said that America’s great days are done under him and China is poised to take the world leadership. It stayed with me for several days while I was traveling in Europe.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 01:46 PM

54. K&R

This should be reposted regularly for exposure.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 01:53 PM

55. ..

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 01:56 PM

56. Bravo

It will be interesting to see if we can recover from this cancerous nightmare in my lifetime.

To go from President Obama to this stooge is really hard to endure.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 02:26 PM

59. They forgot to mention: He's a Russian agent. nt

Reply to this post

Response to hvn_nbr_2 (Reply #59)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 02:40 PM

60. Often when you are nearer in proximity you tend not to notice your surroundings as well

Might be something like people in the US noticing Canadians or people from Mexico.

Reply to this post

Response to hvn_nbr_2 (Reply #59)

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 02:50 PM

63. Well, the Russians certainly seem to be willing to say so ...

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 02:47 PM

62. This article is like the term "deplorables" . . .

. . . True, but unhelpful.

And likely to inflame passions among the Trumpanista.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 03:06 PM

66. Absolut wahr!!!!

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 03:24 PM

67. They're not wrong.

He is all of that nastiness and more besides.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 03:45 PM

68. K&R

Thanks for posting!

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 05:19 PM

69. Danke Schoen Der Speigel. rec, nt.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 06:19 PM

71. Germans Know

a wanna-be fascist dictator when they see one.
They learned that lesson the hard way.

Will we?

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 06:23 PM

72. A well-honed blade

Der Spiegel is.

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 07:25 PM

73. Thank you, syringis!

We Agree!

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 08:33 PM

74. If this happened in another country - We'd be pursuing Regime Change !!!

The U.S. would be trying to get all Democratic Countries and their Allies to Support A Regime Change.

Maybe if our own congress won't act, it would be very interesting if other countries were developing an Alliance to enact a Regime Change in America?

Now, would'nt that be a turn of tables. But, why should we be in a situation to consider such a thought? It is because we have a REPUBLICAN Congress that "Won't Act to Respect and Protect America, Our Citizens and Our Allied Alliances.
What does it take for American's to Enact a Regime Change?

America Needs a Regime Change !!!!!!!!!!!!! ... and that means... Every Act Trump Engaged Must Be Reversed and All Appointments Rescinded. He must be held liable for the massive waste of using taxpayer Air Force One to fly to his properties and the cost of protecting it, "All Must Be Reimbursed" !!!!

He should be charged with "Treason Against American Democracy" from within Our Highest Office of This Nation.

That's what American Regime Change Looks Like... We default back to the status of the Nation at the End of President Obama's Term... and Joe Biden is made Interim President, and A New Election in 2.5 -3 yrs.

This gives us time to fix the messes that have been made, and it gives us time to protect our election system
, get control of our digital networks of data communication and improve and enhance our methods of security, for Government, Commerce, and Citizens Data Transfers.
We Mandate that within 2 yrs EVERY Service Provider has state of the art advance sensors to detect hacking attempts, and hard lock out, when blitz spam tries to overload a system, and put in detectors that can trace Ransom Ware Attacks.

We have to "fix" the flaw in the "computer chips" that has been known for more than two years that saturation our person computers, work computers and government computers.

Develop "Independent Unique Browser's for use on "infrastructure systems", "Government systems" and any category that has a National Security Risk.

These system must be set up to be accessible only via "secure locations"....

In these 2 yrs pass laws, that the next 4 yrs must include "continuing security enhancements" to our data systems.

We must put Term Limits on Political Offices. The same as we have on our Highest Political Office.

Establish "Federal and State Campaign Financing" and thus doing so, Removes Lobbyist From Our Political System, and voids out "People United"....

THIS IS THE REGIME CHANGE WE NEED AND WE NEED IT "NOW" !!!!!

Reply to this post

Sun Apr 1, 2018, 10:44 PM

79. kick for visibility

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 2, 2018, 03:00 AM

82. Der Spiegel often has cover stories about America, such as this:

[URL=.html][IMG][/IMG][/URL]

It reads: The Facebook Trap, How the all-powerful company can still be stopped, and how users can protect themselves.

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 2, 2018, 08:41 AM

85. Yup. Das ist richtig.

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 2, 2018, 09:14 AM

87. OK, except its not really saying what a gazillion other people here havent already been saying -what

am I missing?

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 3, 2018, 01:33 AM

89. So glad press somewhere

Is telling the truth 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread