HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Jessica Willis, of the pa...

Sun Apr 15, 2018, 09:45 PM

Jessica Willis, of the patriarchal Christian Willis family, tells her story of abuse

at the hands of her father.

Source: jessicawillisfisher.com

As far back as I can remember, I was sexually abused by my father. I figure I was around three years old in some of the earliest memories. Initially, I had no way to know that anything was wrong. When I did eventually come to realize the fact, I had no way to accurately express what was happening to me. There followed immense shame, distrust and hurt throughout my childhood even in the happy times. Thus ran the two parallel storylines that became my life.

https://www.jessicawillisfisher.com

2 replies, 1509 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Jessica Willis, of the patriarchal Christian Willis family, tells her story of abuse (Original post)
lkinwi Apr 2018 OP
bitterross Apr 2018 #1
meow2u3 Apr 2018 #2

Response to lkinwi (Original post)

Sun Apr 15, 2018, 09:52 PM

1. Very sad. I'm not going to condemn religion on this.

I'm a pretty outspoken atheist. Rabid and militant at times.

In cases like this I don't really blame it on religion or the religious among us overall. That would be a very big mistake.

I think evil people like her father just find it a convenient tool for control and submission.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to bitterross (Reply #1)

Sun Apr 15, 2018, 10:04 PM

2. I blame fundamentalism for this abuse

Fundies are very authoritiarian, bullies by nature. They think God made gods out of male heads of families and those evil guys go out of their way to abuse that power just because they can.

I'm by no means an atheist; I'm a militant progressive Catholic.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread