HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » What does $700 a night ge...

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 09:30 PM

What does $700 a night get you if you're not buying lodging from an ICE contractor?

Donald Trump's friends in the Private Gulag business are pulling down $700 per day per child to house the kids Trump kidnapped. That's slightly high for the wire cage, concrete slab and space blanket accommodations Trump's hostages are enjoying...so I got to wondering, "if I were to spend $700 per day on lodging and dining, what would I get?" And I decided to get it in New York City.

I decided that a good separation of funds would be $400 for a hotel room, and $300 for meals. (Let's be real: if you're spending $400 a night for a room, in a city where there are a LOT of $200 per night rooms, you aren't going to subsist on halal food carts, McDonalds and Tad's Steaks. A hundred bucks a meal sounds just about right.)

Travelocity shows us the somewhat upmarket AKA Times Square, on West 44th St. For the low, low sum of $401 per night, the tasteful guest receives:

1 king bed in a 650-square-foot room with city views.
A separate sitting area
Free wi-fi and a flat-screen TV with premium channels
Egyptian Cotton linens
A kitchen with a refrigerator, microwave, and hot beverage maker
A private bath with free toiletries
And access to laundry facilities

Here's the thing: How are the gulag guys justifying charging that much - and don't say "well, it's just the fucking asshole who charges the Secret Service for the golf carts they have to use to chase him around in"?

2 replies, 638 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply What does $700 a night get you if you're not buying lodging from an ICE contractor? (Original post)
jmowreader Jul 2018 OP
Crutchez_CuiBono Jul 2018 #1
Initech Jul 2018 #2

Response to jmowreader (Original post)

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 09:35 PM

1. I like your idea better.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to jmowreader (Original post)

Wed Jul 11, 2018, 09:37 PM

2. Because there's some sinister forces at work profiting off this.

Follow the money, follow the money.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread