HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Trump's last 2 attempts t...

Sun Jul 15, 2018, 10:01 AM

Trump's last 2 attempts to discuss foreign policy have been complete and utter disasters.

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-is-unable-to-discuss-foreign-policy-brexit-syria-c4b3e73fcea4/

During a news conference on Thursday ahead of his trip to Great Britain, President Trump was asked an extremely basic question about Brexit.

“You are going to the U.K. — what will be your message on Brexit?” a reporter asked him.

Trump was completely unprepared to respond in any substantial or coherent way. Instead, he began by defensively claiming he has “been reading a lot about Brexit over the last couple days.” But after a few seconds of stammering, he admitted, “I have no message. It is not for me to say.”

The president quickly pivoted to providing a free plug for his private club in ....

-Snip-

A day later, Trump held another news conference, this one in the U.K. alongside British Prime Minster Theresa May. Ahead of his upcoming summit with Russian President Vladimir Putin, Trump was asked “what your message will be to him on Syria?”

-snip-

His answer at link. Astoundingly unprepared.

5 replies, 1023 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump's last 2 attempts to discuss foreign policy have been complete and utter disasters. (Original post)
N_E_1 for Tennis Jul 2018 OP
dalton99a Jul 2018 #1
sinkingfeeling Jul 2018 #2
Scurrilous Jul 2018 #3
spanone Jul 2018 #4
Dan Jul 2018 #5

Response to N_E_1 for Tennis (Original post)

Sun Jul 15, 2018, 10:03 AM

1. "I have a very good brain. My primary consultant is myself and I have a good instinct for this stuff

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Jul 15, 2018, 01:13 PM

2. He knows absolutely nothing about the world nor history.

Reply to this post

Sun Jul 15, 2018, 03:56 PM

3. Not a quick thinker, that one.

Reply to this post

Sun Jul 15, 2018, 04:01 PM

4. President Obama said it best..."He's nothing but a bullshitter,"

(CNN)While President Donald Trump is embroiled in controversy -- with regularity -- Barack and Michelle Obama are enjoying a less-harried lifestyle these days, at least according to the cover story in the new issue of People magazine.

The magazine catches readers up with the Obamas, post-White House, with tidbits on how Michelle exercises (SoulCycle), whether she buys lunch each day or brings it in a bag (bag, often times it's turkey chili) and if she still has access to Secret Service vehicles (yes, but just one SUV that her entire staff piles into, according to an aide.)

Also of note in the feature? Barack Obama apparently thinks Trump is full of it.

"He's nothing but a bullshitter," is what a friend who spoke with People said of how the former president described the current president shortly after the election. The friend says Obama's opinion of Trump since then "hasn't gotten any better."

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/17/politics/obama-donald-trump-people-magazine/index.html

Reply to this post

Sun Jul 15, 2018, 05:01 PM

5. I am curious

Where has he been successful on foreign policy - if we exclude his providing status reports to his handler in Russia?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread