HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Washington Post: Trump, ...

Wed Aug 29, 2018, 07:11 AM

Washington Post: Trump, "I remember Pearl Harbor." to the P.M. of Japan

Trump is around the bend bat shit crazy. BTW he wasn't even born when the attack on
Pearl Harbor happened.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/i-remember-pearl-harbor-inside-trumps-hot-and-cold-relationship-with-japans-prime-minister/2018/08/28/d6117021-e310-40a4-b688-68fdf5ed2f38_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.616fb074deac

“I remember Pearl Harbor,” the president said, referring to the surprise attack that propelled the United States into World War II.

Trump then launched into a blistering critique of Japan’s economic policies, according to people familiar with the conversation. He railed against the U.S. trade deficit with Japan and urged Abe to negotiate a bilateral trade deal that is more favorable to U.S. exporters of beef and automobiles.

The meeting, which left Abe exasperated, epitomized the paradoxical nature of Trump’s closest relationship with a foreign leader.

snip

Although disturbing, this rhetoric hardly veers from Trump’s comments against Japan on the campaign trail,” said Goto, the Japan scholar. “His views of the Japanese economy then were based on the perceptions of the 1980s and ’90s, rather than the realities of today. So it may not be a surprise if his worldview, especially of Asia, is derived back from World War II, rather than today.”

3 replies, 710 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Washington Post: Trump, "I remember Pearl Harbor." to the P.M. of Japan (Original post)
Botany Aug 2018 OP
muntrv Aug 2018 #1
Botany Aug 2018 #2
gordianot Aug 2018 #3

Response to Botany (Original post)

Wed Aug 29, 2018, 07:14 AM

1. I remember when your grandaddy Friedrich dodged the draft.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to muntrv (Reply #1)

Wed Aug 29, 2018, 07:17 AM

2. And he ran a brothel in the Klondike too.

The Trumps have been sleaze balls for generations.

https://www.bloomberg.com/features/2016-trump-family-fortune/

Trump’s Family Fortune Originated in a Canadian Gold-Rush Brothel

Reply to this post

Response to muntrv (Reply #1)

Wed Aug 29, 2018, 07:22 AM

3. Most of us Americans of German decent have draft dodging ancestors.

Over the decades their descendants answered the call obviously not the Trump family or at least this specific branch.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread