HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Kavanaugh Committed Perju...

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 08:37 AM

Kavanaugh Committed Perjury

Get this jackass the hell OUT! He is a fraud and a liar.

'Kavanaugh Committed Perjury': New Documents Appear to Show Trump Supreme Court Pick Lied Under Oath Multiple Times
"Maybe there's a reason Senate Republicans tried to keep Kavanaugh's emails secret?"

Snipet-- "How much perjury is too much perjury from a Supreme Court nominee?"

That was how one commentator responded to a flurry of new documents and emails released on Thursday by Sens. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) and Patrick Leahy (D-Vt.) that appear to show President Donald Trump's Supreme Court pick Brett Kavanaugh lied under oath during hearings for his nomination to the U.S. Court of Appeals in 2004 and 2006.

In 2004—after a Senate sergeant-at-arms report found that Republican staffer Manuel Miranda had stolen confidential communications and documents from Democratic senators—Kavanaugh told the Senate that he never received "documents that appeared...to have been drafted or prepared by Democratic staff members."

But new emails made public by Leahy on Thursday appear to show that Kavanaugh "got 8 pages of material taken verbatim from [the Vermont senator's] files, obviously written by Dem staff, labeled 'not [for] distribution." The stolen material detailed Democrats' efforts to oppose President George W. Bush's judicial nominees.

Story here & there is a LOT more

24 replies, 6412 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 24 replies Author Time Post
Reply Kavanaugh Committed Perjury (Original post)
SkyDancer Sep 2018 OP
fleur-de-lisa Sep 2018 #1
Bernardo de La Paz Sep 2018 #2
ProfessorPlum Sep 2018 #3
Maraya1969 Sep 2018 #10
ProfessorPlum Sep 2018 #11
SkyDancer Sep 2018 #22
DFW Sep 2018 #4
Catherine Vincent Sep 2018 #7
pazzyanne Sep 2018 #14
DFW Sep 2018 #19
pazzyanne Sep 2018 #21
lark Sep 2018 #5
DFW Sep 2018 #20
dlk Sep 2018 #6
smirkymonkey Sep 2018 #24
aikoaiko Sep 2018 #8
sl8 Sep 2018 #16
dlk Sep 2018 #9
Liberty Belle Sep 2018 #12
stopbush Sep 2018 #13
bigbrother05 Sep 2018 #15
calimary Sep 2018 #17
Cosmocat Sep 2018 #18
RainCaster Sep 2018 #23

Response to SkyDancer (Original post)

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 08:49 AM

1. K&R

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 08:58 AM

2. Would doom a nominee normally. But RepubliCon enablers/protectors put Party Over Country. . . . nt

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 09:08 AM

3. Again, I will ask

why can't we arrest and prosecute this guy right away? He's literally guilty of crimes.

Reply to this post

Response to ProfessorPlum (Reply #3)

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 10:29 AM

10. Who would have the authority to do that?

Reply to this post

Response to Maraya1969 (Reply #10)

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 10:31 AM

11. law enforcement?

the FBI?

Judges are not above the law, at least as far as I know

Reply to this post

Response to Maraya1969 (Reply #10)

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 04:47 PM

22. US Marshall's

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 09:12 AM

4. He is a Republican. They are allowed to pull that kind of thing without fear of retribution

It he were a Democrat, they would be yelling, "lock him up" instead of "lock him in!"

Reply to this post

Response to DFW (Reply #4)

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 09:30 AM

7. Agree!

When Democrats commit perjury, even if it's about sex, republicans will impeach you out of office but when republicans commit perjury, they will ignore it. Hypocrites.

Reply to this post

Response to DFW (Reply #4)

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 10:39 AM

14. "He is a Republican. They are allowed to pull that kind of thing without fear of retribution."

Then it is time to rewrite the book, because NO ONE IS ABOVE THE LAW. Time to start prosecuting white collar crimes to the max in my opinion.

Reply to this post

Response to pazzyanne (Reply #14)

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 12:10 PM

19. What does the white collar have to do with it?

It doesn't stop there. These people are also the trigger-happy gun nuts (both with and without badges) who gun down unarmed people on a whim and rarely suffer incarceration, let alone their preferred form of injected retribution. When Trump said he could shoot someone on Fifth Avenue in broad daylight and suffer no consequences, most people thought he meant it figuratively. Trump's speech isn't sophisticated enough to formulate things figuratively. Republicans are being literal when they come out with lines like that, and we don't get to rewrite their rule book.

Reply to this post

Response to DFW (Reply #19)

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 12:33 PM

21. I'm using the same argument here that I use for "illegal" immigration.

Go after those with the power. Hit the people who take advantage of the system and the people without power. When corruption is uncovered, hit it hard with consequences. As for the play book, I am talking about "our" play book. I see the "average" American person sitting back and accepting all of the corruption because "we can't do anything about it." At 75 years of age, I am sick of this. If we don't do something about it now, the future generations, your and my children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, and all the young people to come will be the ones to suffer. I won't be around to see this happen, but I sure as hell hate to leave this world with the legacy that now appears to be the one my generation will be leaving. I may be old but I have fight left in me. Get involved, make changes that you can, work for changes that can't be accomplished right now, GOTV!!!! Don't sit back and accept what is happening.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 09:14 AM

5. Why is this hearing even continuing?

It's been proven he committed perjury under oath and that's a crime and should automatically disqualify him from SCOTUS.

Reply to this post

Response to lark (Reply #5)

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 12:16 PM

20. Except for one thing

Committing perjury while Republican comes with the grant of automatic immunity and exoneration these days. Just ask Chuck Grassley or Orrin Hatch. The only thing that would disqualify him from SCOTUS in Republican eyes would be changing his party affiliation to Democratic or converting to Islam.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 09:28 AM

6. This Isn't Kavanaugh's First Time Perjuring Himself-He Should Be Disbarred-Not Given Seat on SCOTUS

How many times do the Republicans need to show us what criminals they are before we believe them?

Reply to this post

Response to dlk (Reply #6)

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 06:18 PM

24. This!

He is unfit to practice law, let alone serve as a Supreme Court justice. This should end now.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 09:37 AM

8. The email is hard for me to read, but where does it say it was sourced from Democrats' emails?

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 10:25 AM

9. He Should be Disbarred-Not Honored with a Seat on the Supreme Court

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 10:35 AM

12. He also perjured himself on the torture issue in his prior confirmation hearing.

I heard a Senator questioning him on day one about this on NPR. Not sure which one it was, I was driving and tuned in after the intro. They actually played a tape (video but I only heard audio) of his confirmation where he flatly denied having any involvement in Bush torture policies. But documents proved he did and according to the male Senator asking questions (a Dem), he later admitted to that Senator in his office that he had been involved.

That is serious,intentional perjury, even worse than lying (but maybe claiming failed memory or didn't read them) about documents provided by Dems he claimed not to have seen.

Dems should go on media in every city in America and nationally listing all the counts of perjury against this judge and argue he shoudl be impeached and certainly not seated for a lifetime appointment in the decisive seat on the highest court in the land. Period.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 10:36 AM

13. IOKIYAR. Sessions lied under oath and he's still AG.

Kavanaugh lied under oath and he will end up on the SCOTUS. tRump lies multiple times a day and he’s still POTUS.

Law and order Rs at work.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 10:50 AM

15. Said 2 days ago, the S-at-A should Mirandize him in the hearing, then cuff him

Should just stop the hearing and walk him out of the room

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 10:55 AM

17. K&R!

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 11:31 AM

18. According to Republicans, lying under oath is the most greivace of all crimes against America

at least in regard to Bill Clinton lying about a blow job.

Reply to this post

Fri Sep 7, 2018, 05:53 PM

23. BFD - lying is how the GOP breathes

They are mouth breathing knuckle dragging butt lucking numbskulls with no ideas. So they lie.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread