HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Facebook hackers are at i...

Sat Sep 29, 2018, 05:31 PM

Facebook hackers are at it again...still...yet

On Facebook, a friend posted about getting the message out on an initiative that is on the upcoming midterm ballot. I commented on her post. A few minutes later there was a notification that she had responded; I clicked on it, and it went to a page that informed me that the “content is not available”. Hmmm. Try as I might, I couldn’t access her original posting. When she posted about another issue, I answered in the comments and told her about my inability to access the earlier post. About the same time, another friend commented that she had the same experience.

A bit later, my friend posted that she’d done a little research to find out if others who were posting about that particular subject were having similar problems. In the course of that research, she looked at a page owned by a group holding the opposite position, and she showed a photo grab from that page to show what they are offering as frames. And now she is unable to access her own news feed. Again, hmmm.

We have been made aware that the Koch brothers are aware of the opposition to what they are promoting, and they have dumped considerable money into the effort to silence us. Under the circumstances, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if they’d purchased hackers to disrupt conversations on social media. In fact, I’d be surprised if they hadn’t.

You'd think that having everything would be sufficient, that there would be no need to be so frightened of simple conversation. But frightened they are, as well as just plain greedy.

2 replies, 630 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Facebook hackers are at it again...still...yet (Original post)
madamesilverspurs Sep 2018 OP
BigmanPigman Sep 2018 #1
madamesilverspurs Sep 2018 #2

Response to madamesilverspurs (Original post)

Sat Sep 29, 2018, 05:37 PM

1. I am assuming this is a different hack than the big one that I heard about this AM.

I don't use social media so I am not familiar with it much but this biggest, latest hack on Fakebook effected 50 million users CNN reported.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to BigmanPigman (Reply #1)

Sat Sep 29, 2018, 05:42 PM

2. This one seems to be targetted.

Posts about the particular initiative are the ones being screwed with. Still waiting to hear when/if my friend regains access to her own news feed. Creepy.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread