Welcome to DU! The truly grassroots left-of-center political community where regular people, not algorithms, drive the discussions and set the standards. Join the community: Create a free account Support DU (and get rid of ads!): Become a Star Member Latest Breaking News Editorials & Other Articles General Discussion The DU Lounge All Forums Issue Forums Culture Forums Alliance Forums Region Forums Support Forums Help & Search
12 replies = new reply since forum marked as read
Highlight: NoneDon't highlight anything 5 newestHighlight 5 most recent replies
Listening to Collins this is what I hear- (Original Post) Stare Decisis Oct 2018 OP
Agree and 20 year SCOTUS terms. Funtatlaguy Oct 2018 #1
I hear marbles rattling around in a clothes dryer BannonsLiver Oct 2018 #2
That would only worsen the problem IMO. Trust Buster Oct 2018 #3
agreed grantcart Oct 2018 #7
No, it wouldn't. Times and circumstances change. Dave Starsky Oct 2018 #11
What I hear is a scripted sppech written by INdemo Oct 2018 #4
And term limits for SC justices, too renate Oct 2018 #5
I hear blah blah blah blah MiniMe Oct 2018 #6
Edith, get me a beer! Meadowoak Oct 2018 #8
Is she still talking? renate Oct 2018 #9
I hear, "I sold out my country, and my own soul, for some chump change. GoCubsGo Oct 2018 #10
Collins is up in 2020. whether she runs for gov or delisen Oct 2018 #12

grantcart

(53,061 posts)
7. agreed
Fri Oct 5, 2018, 03:36 PM
Oct 2018

Democrats who support term limits apparently think they will only apply to Republicans

and

Don't factor how the forced removal of Democratic icons will open up more opportunities for big money to win seats.

Term limits for Ted Kennedy? really?

Dave Starsky

(5,914 posts)
11. No, it wouldn't. Times and circumstances change.
Fri Oct 5, 2018, 03:38 PM
Oct 2018

The reason we are in this situation now is that there are firmly entrenched people who are running the entire show. They are bought and paid off, for now and eternity. If the American people can't get rid of these assholes, then let time do it. Let the clock run out on them.

INdemo

(6,995 posts)
4. What I hear is a scripted sppech written by
Fri Oct 5, 2018, 03:34 PM
Oct 2018

Don McGahn..I'm sure of it..sounds like an Attorney's closing argument in atrial.

renate

(13,776 posts)
5. And term limits for SC justices, too
Fri Oct 5, 2018, 03:35 PM
Oct 2018

I get that the job security was supposed to make them immune from political pressure, but... here’s Exhibit A.

MiniMe

(21,744 posts)
6. I hear blah blah blah blah
Fri Oct 5, 2018, 03:36 PM
Oct 2018

I don't care about women, and I don't care that the FBI didn't do a complete investigation. I believe the men. Blah blah blah

GoCubsGo

(32,430 posts)
10. I hear, "I sold out my country, and my own soul, for some chump change.
Fri Oct 5, 2018, 03:38 PM
Oct 2018

I love chump change more than I love myself."

delisen

(6,234 posts)
12. Collins is up in 2020. whether she runs for gov or
Fri Oct 5, 2018, 03:44 PM
Oct 2018

again for the senate, I want to help the Democratic Party of Maine as much as I can to get a Democrat in each of those seats.

Her speech was orchestrated to excuse Kavanaugh's vicious attacks on the "Clintons" and provide cover for him.

She knew the FBI report was not the product of a real investigation but a cover-up yet as soon as it came out she refused to tell it like it was.

Collins has such contempt for us and for our institutions, our government.

Her games-plying on this issue has been tantamount to torturing people who are already hurting and crying out for fairness.

She is like someone who tortures starving people by dangling food in front of them and then, as they reach for it, pulling it away and laughing. Her laughter echos that of Brett Kavanaugh.

Susan Collins and Brett Kavanaugh are cases where it is very important for Democracy to prevail that there be consequence for the the dishonesty, the evil.

Latest Discussions»General Discussion»Listening to Collins this...