HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Son in viral meme forgive...

Wed Oct 10, 2018, 08:51 AM

Son in viral meme forgives mother for #HimToo tweet he says is a misrepresentation

On Monday night, a days-old tweet from Jon and Pieter's mother, who they are not identifying, began trending. The tweet said Pieter, 32, is no longer going on "solo dates" out of fear of false allegations of sexual misconduct being leveled against him.

"This is MY son. He graduated #1 in boot camp. He was awarded the USO award. He was #1 in A school. He is a gentleman who respects women. He won't go on solo dates due to the current climate of false sexual accusations by radical feminists with an axe to grind. I VOTE. #HimToo"

The tweet appeared to be referencing the political climate that engulfed Justice Brett Kavanaugh amid his confirmation hearings after he was accused of sexual misconduct, allegations he denied.

Jon said his mother — who has since deleted her account — has posted similarly untrue, yet benign, things in the past, like saying her sons were single when they were not, but this is the first time those posts have included a political message.

That was my Mom. Sometimes the people we love do things that hurt us without realizing it. Let’s turn this around. I respect and #BelieveWomen. I never have and never will support#HimToo . I’m a proud Navy vet, Cat Dad and Ally. Also, Twitter, your meme game is on point. pic.twitter.com/yZFkEjyB6L

— Pieter Hanson (@Thatwasmymom) October 9, 2018

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/son-viral-meme-forgives-mother-himtoo-tweet-he-says-misrepresentation-n918056

3 replies, 817 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Son in viral meme forgives mother for #HimToo tweet he says is a misrepresentation (Original post)
SunSeeker Oct 2018 OP
BeckyDem Oct 2018 #1
SunSeeker Oct 2018 #2
BeckyDem Oct 2018 #3

Response to SunSeeker (Original post)

Wed Oct 10, 2018, 10:10 AM

1. Ya know he is polite and hits it right out of the park at the same time.

My favorite part: I never have and never will support#HimToo

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to BeckyDem (Reply #1)

Wed Oct 10, 2018, 10:29 AM

2. Yup, he's a sweetheart. That whole "fear for our sons" thing has been all over Facebook too.

Couple of my right wing in-laws have shared posts from right wing sites about how a woman can "at any time" say "anything" and "ruin a man's life." The saddest part is that, like in this instance, the people posting that crap are women.

One of my friends had the perfect response to it:

Reply to this post

Response to SunSeeker (Reply #2)

Wed Oct 10, 2018, 10:34 AM

3. +1. I know, it can be so frustrating and infuriating at the same time.

It really helps when a young man gets it and preaches it too. He is setting the tone, it will make a big difference over time.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread