HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » MAGA Raises Over $14 Mill...

Sun Dec 23, 2018, 07:30 AM

MAGA Raises Over $14 Million (and Counting) to Build Trump's Wall But They Might Be Getting Refunds

Because according to the NY Post, the government might not even be allowed to dip into that $14 million (and counting) collection plate.

According to the Treasury Department, general donations to the feds are directed to a “Gifts to the United States” fund, set aside for “general use” by the federal government or “budget needs.”

Specific federal agencies can’t touch this funding without a congressional appropriation.

Some agencies can accept gifts directly for earmarked purposes, but it was not clear if the Department of Homeland Security, which oversees the borders, was among them.

As of Saturday morning, 241,601 assholes had donated an astonishing $14,757,675 in order to fulfill our Commander-in-Tweet’s wildest wet dreams of xenophobia.

[link:https://www.theroot.com/maga-raises-over-14-million-and-counting-to-build-tr-1831276830|

Gonna guess the new Congress is not going to say yes to that!

13 replies, 1154 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 13 replies Author Time Post
Reply MAGA Raises Over $14 Million (and Counting) to Build Trump's Wall But They Might Be Getting Refunds (Original post)
Soph0571 Dec 2018 OP
empedocles Dec 2018 #1
Maeve Dec 2018 #2
Squinch Dec 2018 #7
MiniMe Dec 2018 #10
Squinch Dec 2018 #11
Voltaire2 Dec 2018 #3
samnsara Dec 2018 #4
mercuryblues Dec 2018 #5
UncleTomsEvilBrother Dec 2018 #6
politicaljunkie41910 Dec 2018 #8
erpowers Dec 2018 #12
dawg day Dec 2018 #9
erpowers Dec 2018 #13

Response to Soph0571 (Original post)

Sun Dec 23, 2018, 07:32 AM

1. A special kind of incompetence among these folks

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Dec 23, 2018, 07:46 AM

2. They are still averaging only $61 per person

They'll need another 16 MILLION plus suckers to get to the billion dollar goal.

Reply to this post

Response to Maeve (Reply #2)

Sun Dec 23, 2018, 09:17 AM

7. And the 1 billion pays for a small length. I think I saw that 5

billion is 250 miles. I might be wrong about that.

Reply to this post

Response to Squinch (Reply #7)

Sun Dec 23, 2018, 10:25 AM

10. What 1 billion? They have only raised 14 million

Reply to this post

Response to MiniMe (Reply #10)

Sun Dec 23, 2018, 10:34 AM

11. I know, but I'm saying that even 1 billion doesn't make a dent.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 23, 2018, 08:36 AM

3. They should buy some land near the border

and put a wall on it. Should be a spectacular demonstration of something.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 23, 2018, 09:10 AM

4. let them give all they want..it just goes into trumps pockets...they get what they pay for.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 23, 2018, 09:11 AM

5. these are the same people

who think a 5 year old should scrub toilets because they get a free lunch at school. Let that sink in for a minute.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 23, 2018, 09:16 AM

6. I don't know why DEMS aren't taking advantage of this...

... and publicly asking why people like Ann Coulter, Lindsey Graham, and Marco Rubio aren't giving to this fund. If DEMS force them to publicly say whether they give or not, it's a win/win.
If they give, they have aligned themselves with a cultish bunch that they try to rise above in public opinion.
If they don't give, the cult turn against them.

I wish DEM pundits would acknowledge the gofundme and demand that republican politicians state their donation.

Reply to this post

Response to UncleTomsEvilBrother (Reply #6)

Sun Dec 23, 2018, 09:31 AM

8. If they give a donation of $5 it will just emboldened them to feel like they accomplished something.

The true givers are those who were the first to give when there was nothing but an idea, even though I disagree with their idea. The Ann Coulters and others who may jump on the bandwagon later seeking some notoriety don't impress me at all.

Reply to this post

Response to UncleTomsEvilBrother (Reply #6)

Sun Dec 23, 2018, 10:38 AM

12. Explain the Wall More and Better

Democrats need to do a better job of explaining how much the wall will actually cost. I think a number of people think the wall will only cost $5 billion. Someone in this discussion said the $5 billion Donald Trump is asking for will only pay for 240 miles. I think the border with Mexico is more than 2,000 miles. It is possible that a wall covering the entire border will cost $200 billion. Do people really want to pay $200 billion for a wall on our Southern border? Do people outside of Trump supporters and Republicans want to pay that much for a border that does not actually solve the real problem?

Democrats also need to spend more time pointing out that the majority of the people living illegally in the United States did not come here via the Southern border. People need to be informed that most of the people living illegally in the United States came her legally and just overstayed their legal time in America. A wall will not stop people like that from entering the country. Democrats then need to put forward a plan to fix our visa program.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 23, 2018, 10:16 AM

9. They are so weird.

They worship this suppose a billionaire so much that they want to give him their own hard earned money. They never wonder why if he's so rich, he doesn't just fund the wall himself.

Reply to this post

Sun Dec 23, 2018, 10:57 AM

13. Why Aren't More Giving

Why aren't more Trump supporters giving to this fund? If they really want the wall on the Southern border why don't they fund the wall?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread