HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I never thought I could b...

Thu Jan 3, 2019, 11:06 PM

I never thought I could be so proud of the American half of my dual citizenship

Birthright, even!

Watching it all happen from Canada, i have to tell you - I'm so impressed by what you guys have done and are doing. You are literally (figuratively speaking) pulling back your country from the brink of the abyss, using sheer moral power. You're making the civilized world proud.

3 replies, 789 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply I never thought I could be so proud of the American half of my dual citizenship (Original post)
The_jackalope Jan 2019 OP
UniteFightBack Jan 2019 #1
lostnfound Jan 2019 #2
WinstonSmith4740 Jan 2019 #3

Response to The_jackalope (Original post)

Thu Jan 3, 2019, 11:10 PM

1. This is good to hear after the pounding we are taking on the world stage....and that's a pounding in

a bad way.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Thu Jan 3, 2019, 11:13 PM

2. Thanks be to the beautiful structure of our government

If the US saves itself, it will be thanks to the balance of power, and the many variations thereof.

Senate and house, president /courts / congress, federal vs states. And a partially-free press.

If it fails, blame the dumbed-down population and the greedy billionaires that corrupted our body politic.

Reply to this post

Fri Jan 4, 2019, 11:43 AM

3. Thanks for the support!

You're making the civilized world proud.

My best friend is pretty uninvolved politically...she votes, and watches the news, but doesn't really get into the details. But she's been pretty damned worried since Trump took over because she recognizes at train wreck when she sees it. Anyhow, been telling her to be patient, our system will win in the end. It'll just take so long you'll come close to thinking it'll never happen. The November mid-terms were huge, and what's already happening in the House shows that "We the People" truly has meaning.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread