HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Is Anyone actually Surpri...

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 11:25 PM

Is Anyone actually Surprised..This Type Of Breaking News Has become Commonplace !

"

Investigations by Two Texas Newspapers, finds hundreds of Southern Baptist Leaders and Volunteers Nationwide have faced allegations of Sexual Misconduct in the past 20 years. Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express find that 700+ victims have been abused abused since 1999... More than 20 states Sex Offender Registries Nationwide and other investigations have found info on 380 Credibly accused officials in Southern Baptist Churches,including Pastors, Deacons, Sunday School Teachers and Volunteers.. About 220 of those Accused officials were convicted of Sex Crimes. Many of these predators received deferred prosecutions in Plea Deals."

Wow!! and of Course the leader of the Church has stated that this behavior is unacceptable!

My God, I'm not a religious man at all.. but I will say..Mankind is in the middle of a real fucked up situation on so many levels..There is a disaster looming out there...

6 replies, 1306 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply Is Anyone actually Surprised..This Type Of Breaking News Has become Commonplace ! (Original post)
busterbrown Feb 2019 OP
joet67 Feb 2019 #1
busterbrown Feb 2019 #2
underpants Feb 2019 #4
underpants Feb 2019 #3
NRaleighLiberal Feb 2019 #5
defacto7 Feb 2019 #6

Response to busterbrown (Original post)

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 11:28 PM

1. link to story?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to joet67 (Reply #1)

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 11:32 PM

2. I have never done this before..

It's the scroll below Cuomo's show tonight.. I just copied it.. A lot of work, I'm not good at this stuff.. By the way I live in L.A. its around 7:30 now..

Reply to this post

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 11:34 PM

3. I heard that on NPR on the way home

Not surprising except that Billy Graham's grandson is big in the movement to clean this up.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 12, 2019, 02:18 AM

6. only 380 accused? I'd think it would have been a lot more than that.

Tip of the iceberg.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread