HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Party leaders reach deal ...

Mon Feb 11, 2019, 11:48 PM

Party leaders reach deal to avoid fresh US government shutdown

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/feb/11/negotiators-work-to-avoid-another-shutdown-as-trump-rallies-for-a-wall

Democratic and Republican leaders announced late Monday that they had reached a deal to avoid a government shutdown when funding under a stopgap agreement expires at midnight on Friday.

The proposal would require the signature of Donald Trump to avert a new shutdown.

The agreement would allocate far less money for Trump’s border wall than the White House’s $5.7bn wish list, settling for a figure of nearly $1.4bn, according to congressional aides. The funding measure is through the fiscal year, which ends 30 September.

The agreement means 55 miles of new fencing — constructed through existing designs such as metal slats instead of a concrete wall — but far less than the 215 miles the White House demanded in December. The fencing would be built in the Rio Grande Valley in Texas.

..more..

2 replies, 348 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Party leaders reach deal to avoid fresh US government shutdown (Original post)
G_j Feb 11 OP
dixiegrrrrl Feb 12 #1
InAbLuEsTaTe Feb 12 #2

Response to G_j (Original post)

Tue Feb 12, 2019, 12:30 AM

1. Nice trap for trump.

I like it.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to G_j (Original post)

Tue Feb 12, 2019, 01:02 AM

2. So much for the promise of not one damn penny for an immoral wall!!

Please tell me this is a joke!!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread