HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I had a feeling all North...

Fri Feb 22, 2019, 05:57 PM

I had a feeling all Northam had to do was give it a week, and clearly he and his advisors did too.

This is America; if there's one thing Drumpf has taught us, it's that no matter the outrage, no matter how loud the cries or how many the protesting bodies, you only have to wait it out about a week or so. It's only a matter of time before something else drowns it out and people are on to the next outrage.

Not saying Northam won't still ultimately leave office, but if I was putting money on it, the fact that he made it past the first few days and into a new news cycle tells me he, and both of his troubled colleagues, are probably here to stay.

2 replies, 713 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply I had a feeling all Northam had to do was give it a week, and clearly he and his advisors did too. (Original post)
MadDAsHell Feb 2019 OP
Arazi Feb 2019 #1
delisen Feb 2019 #2

Response to MadDAsHell (Original post)

Fri Feb 22, 2019, 06:08 PM

1. Yes they're not going to be removed but their political careers are finished

The Democratic party won't support these two for anything ever again. If the AG can clear his name during the investigation then fine but imo, the stain of this episode never goes away.

They might try to parlay their post-government days into speaking gigs etc but I'd guess that door is also firmly shut, nobody wants to hear from them again.

So yup, they better enjoy their time now since this is as good as it gets.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to MadDAsHell (Original post)

Fri Feb 22, 2019, 07:16 PM

2. Think you are right.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread