HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » What happens when people ...

Sun Feb 24, 2019, 02:24 PM

What happens when people are over their heads: http://www.unwillingtowork.org

I realize it's a parody website but this is what happens when legislators don't think: http://www.unwillingtowork.org

Secure your spot today!

As per the goals outlined in the Green New Deal, every American will be provided with "economic security for all who are unable or unwilling to work".

Questions have been asked about the process by which Americans can declare themselves unwilling to work and sign up for free economic security.

Fortunately, we think it should be as simple as declaring yourself as one of The Unwilling and then filling out the short application at the bottom to determine your new career and salary.

For answers to specific questions, please refer to The FAQ.

4 replies, 1054 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply What happens when people are over their heads: http://www.unwillingtowork.org (Original post)
MadDAsHell Feb 2019 OP
brush Feb 2019 #1
WillowTree Feb 2019 #2
brush Feb 2019 #3
hunter Feb 2019 #4

Response to MadDAsHell (Original post)

Sun Feb 24, 2019, 02:45 PM

1. More info, pls. Are you talking about a particular politician?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to brush (Reply #1)

Sun Feb 24, 2019, 03:13 PM

2. It was part of AOC's initial draft of her Green New Deal.

Reply to this post

Response to WillowTree (Reply #2)

Sun Feb 24, 2019, 03:17 PM

3. It seemed rushed. could've used more fine tuning.

Reply to this post

Response to MadDAsHell (Original post)

Sun Feb 24, 2019, 04:06 PM

4. Human "work ethics" are destroying this planet.

Economic productivity as we now define it is a direct measure of the damage we are doing to whatever remains of the earth's natural environment and our own human spirit.

Hell yes, there is work I'm unwilling to do, entire industries I want to become extinct, and I think we should be paying people to experiment with lifestyles that have small environmental footprints, in the pursuit of happiness.

Most humans seek satisfying work.

Those who are unwilling to work are probably unemployable anyways. Every working person has had bosses, coworkers, and employees like that. Our President Donald Trump is among the unwilling to work, who proves that physical and intellectual laziness no handicap in the U.S.A. so long as you are a white male with a wealthy parent.

The world would be a better place if Trump was a nobody, living in a small subsidized apartment, stuffing his face with fast food, watching Fox News all day.

Hell, we could even give him a bus pass and a membership in the local pitch-and-putt if he promised to behave himself.

Still cheaper than prison.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread