HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Brian Williams Could Repl...

Fri Mar 1, 2019, 06:51 AM

Brian Williams Could Replace Chris Matthews on MSNBC: Report

https://www.thedailybeast.com/brian-williams-could-replace-chris-matthews-on-msnbc-report?ref=home

Brian Williams Could Replace Chris Matthews on MSNBC: Report

According to a new report from Page Six, Brian Williams could be up for a big promotion at MSNBC in the near future. The former NBC Nightly News anchor, who was removed from that position following a scandal surrounding his exaggerated memories of experiencing combat in Iraq, has spent the past few years hosting 11th Hour with Brian Williams. In that late-night time slot, he consistently gets more viewers than both Fox News and CNN. That ratings success has led to new talk that Williams could end up replacing veteran host Chris Matthews in the 7 p.m. hour on MSNBC. This February, Matthews’ Hardball rated last in the coveted 25-54 news demo behind Fox and CNN. Along with Rachel Maddow, Williams is expected to lead the network’s 2020 coverage, as he did on Election Night in 2016 and 2018.

5 replies, 1520 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Brian Williams Could Replace Chris Matthews on MSNBC: Report (Original post)
babylonsister Mar 2019 OP
hlthe2b Mar 2019 #1
Renew Deal Mar 2019 #2
SallyHemmings Mar 2019 #3
Raven Mar 2019 #4
bearsfootball516 Mar 2019 #5

Response to babylonsister (Original post)

Fri Mar 1, 2019, 08:03 AM

1. I never thought ANYTHING could make me feel sorry for Tweety, but damn, what a way to find out...

This is humiliating.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to hlthe2b (Reply #1)

Fri Mar 1, 2019, 08:20 AM

2. He probably already knew

Matthews used to have two evening time slots. It would suck for him if he had to move to 11PM. Or would Williams do both?

Reply to this post

Fri Mar 1, 2019, 08:49 AM

3. I switch to sports when Tweety is on

Williams has handled the coverage of this crime family with the right tone at 11:00pm.

Tweety’s time has come and gone. Not sure who to put in that slot.

Reply to this post

Fri Mar 1, 2019, 08:59 AM

4. I would be thrilled with that. Williams is gracious, calm, civil and a lot of other things that

Matthews isn't. By the end of the day, my nerves are so shattered by unrelenting news of Trump's atrocities that Matthews is like fingernails on a blackboard for me.

Reply to this post

Fri Mar 1, 2019, 09:32 AM

5. Williams may not be perfect, but he's damn better than Matthews.

Who is just awful.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread