HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Is the American public be...

Sun Apr 14, 2019, 02:54 PM

Is the American public being set up by the media and the Trump White House?

Everything William Barr has said and done since he was named Attorney General has been under suspicion. Even before he was nominated, he had sent his infamous 19-page memo outlining how he thought the President could not be charged with obstruction.

Then, he pronounced total exoneration for Trump, no collusion and no obstruction, less than 48 hours after he received the report from Mueller.

Then, he made public his conspiracy theories at the House and Senate hearings.

Then, he was handing over the report to Trump's defense team so they could come up with different excuses and narratives for whatever facts the report comes up with.

Then, they pretend they are worried about the testimony that Don McGahn gave to the Special Counsel. If they were truly worried, they would have redacted it.

If it is not a setup or a whitewash, it sure looks like one.

5 replies, 1048 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Is the American public being set up by the media and the Trump White House? (Original post)
kentuck Sunday OP
PeeJ52 Sunday #1
blm Sunday #2
saidsimplesimon Monday #3
mahina Monday #4
watoos Tuesday #5

Response to kentuck (Original post)

Sun Apr 14, 2019, 03:07 PM

1. I keep feeling like we all are in our own little Truman Show...

It is too unbelievable to be true. Donald tRump is a joke and has always been a joke. There is no way he could be elected pResident.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sun Apr 14, 2019, 03:20 PM

2. Sure seems like it to me.

Setting up the media narrative so greatest attention will be on McGahn’s Testimony.

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 15, 2019, 03:06 PM

3. Barr is a toadie, very un-American

He will join all the other losers who made a buck playing stooge to the mafia king. Time is on our side.

Reply to this post

Mon Apr 15, 2019, 05:57 PM

4. Malcom Nance

I don’t know about the media but Barr is clearly here to whitewash.

Reply to this post

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 08:44 AM

5. I guess the reason they are worried about McGahn,

is that they weren't aware he testified to Mueller, for quite a few hours. They didn't get the chance to intimidate him, or threaten him, or tell him what to say.

Barr may very well redact or even change McGahn's testimony, but Congress can subpoena McGahn. Not sure about the executive privilege involved but McGahn could hurt Trump. McGahn is another one of those people like Rosenstein who I am not sure is friend or fowl?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread