HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The Hill's Morning Report...

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 05:53 AM

The Hill's Morning Report - Waiting on Mueller: Answers come on Thursday

https://thehill.com/homenews/morning-report/439039-the-hills-morning-report

The Hill's Morning Report - Waiting on Mueller: Answers come on Thursday

By Alexis Simendinger and Al Weaver - 04/16/19 06:32 AM EDT

Washington is on pins and needles for the next 48 hours ahead of the expected release of special counsel Robert Mueller’s report on Thursday. As Attorney General William Barr has said for weeks, the report will feature redactions to protect grand jury material and information relating to other investigations, much to the chagrin of Democratic lawmakers who want the whole unredacted report released immediately.

As Jacqueline Thomsen writes, the report is expected to reveal the findings of Mueller's 22-month investigation as well as the evidence collected by investigators during that time.

It is also expected to set up a showdown between House Democrats and the Justice Department over what’s out of view behind thick black lines. Barr said last week that he does not plan to ask court permission to release grand jury material included in the report. A federal appeals court ruled earlier this month that a judge does not have the inherent authority to release grand jury information, making it less likely that those details will become public.
(snip)

2 replies, 316 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply The Hill's Morning Report - Waiting on Mueller: Answers come on Thursday (Original post)
nitpicker Apr 2019 OP
vlyons Apr 2019 #1
watoos Apr 2019 #2

Response to nitpicker (Original post)

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 05:57 AM

1. Has Congress gone to the courts to request the redacted parts?

Or requested all of the testimony in the cases?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to vlyons (Reply #1)

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 06:12 AM

2. Not yet, I'm afraid. Supposed to do it on Thursday is my guess.

Why so many "Hill" articles? I'm not waiting on pins and needles for a bogus report by Barr.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread