HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Feds allege 'widespread s...

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 01:34 PM

Feds allege 'widespread sexual harassment' at AccuWeather while Trump nominee was CEO

A federal investigation found “widespread sexual harassment” at AccuWeather Inc. that allegedly occurred while President Donald Trump’s nominee to become the new head of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration was the CEO.

The U.S. Labor Department’s findings, which were obtained by The Inquirer and other media outlets, resulted from interviews with "more than two dozen former or current AccuWeather employees,” and included allegations of “unwelcome touching and hugging and kissing females on the mouth.”

“Several senior male managers, including at least one executive, engaged in sexual relationships with subordinate employees," according to the report, dated Jan. 26, 2018. Those women received “job-related perks" that were denied to other women, it said.

The National Weather Services Employees Union, which opposes the nomination of Barry Lee Myers to head NOAA, the National Weather Service’s parent agency, has called for the Labor Department to publicly release the redacted report.

Read more: https://www.philly.com/news/accuweather-sexual-harassment-barry-myers-noaa-20190415.html

3 replies, 428 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Feds allege 'widespread sexual harassment' at AccuWeather while Trump nominee was CEO (Original post)
TexasTowelie Apr 2019 OP
Initech Apr 2019 #1
underpants Apr 2019 #2
tymorial Apr 2019 #3

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 01:35 PM

1. Trump certainlyu has a type!

First Herman Cain, now Myers... it's almost as if he attracts sexual harassers and gropers.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to TexasTowelie (Original post)

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 01:35 PM

2. Well they weren't spending time on graphics or content

That's for sure.

Reply to this post

Response to underpants (Reply #2)

Tue Apr 16, 2019, 01:52 PM

3. Meh, graphics and content is why I wont use the weather channel

When I just want to know if it's going to rain Saturday the last thing I need to do is spend five minutes trying to navigate multiple pages just so they can shove ads in my face.

That being said, I will not use accuweather until this has been addressed. I won't hold my breath though.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread