HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Ocasio-Cortez says she wi...

Thu Apr 18, 2019, 07:42 PM

Ocasio-Cortez says she will sign Trump impeachment resolution

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.) said Thursday that she would sign on to a resolution calling for an investigation into whether President Trump should be impeached, citing special counsel Robert Mueller's report in her decision-making.

"Mueller's report is clear in pointing to Congress' responsibility in investigating obstruction of justice by the President," she tweeted.

"It is our job as outlined in Article 1, Sec 2, Clause 5 of the US Constitution," the progressive lawmaker added. "As such, I'll be signing onto @RashidaTlaib's impeachment resolution."

?s=20

Fellow freshman Rep. Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) last month introduced a resolution calling for an investigation by the House Judiciary Committee into whether Trump committed impeachable offenses. Tlaib said at the time that she hopes the resolution "ensures we don't have a lawless society that results in irreparable harm to the American people."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ocasio-cortez-says-she-will-sign-trump-impeachment-resolution/ar-BBW5iAb

3 replies, 373 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Ocasio-Cortez says she will sign Trump impeachment resolution (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Apr 2019 OP
rzemanfl Apr 2019 #1
lordsummerisle Apr 2019 #2
rzemanfl Apr 2019 #3

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Thu Apr 18, 2019, 07:46 PM

1. I wish she wouldn't say "As such,"-I used to work with someone

who used that way too much.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to rzemanfl (Reply #1)

Thu Apr 18, 2019, 08:15 PM

2. Most have words and phrases they favor

some of us for example use "arguably" a lot, a word I like to use because it gives me an out to change my mind in the future...

Reply to this post

Response to lordsummerisle (Reply #2)

Thu Apr 18, 2019, 08:30 PM

3. This guy said it like some folks say "uhm." n/t

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread