HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » "We don't have an attorne...

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 05:22 AM

"We don't have an attorney general"

A little over a year ago, President Trump grew so frustrated with the failure of Jeff Sessions to protect him from the Russia investigation that he exclaimed:

I dont have an attorney general.

Now that William P. Barr gave a news conference marked by a remarkably dishonest effort to pre-spin the Mueller report, and now that we have seen much of the report itself, the upshot of the days events can be summed up in one, similar sentence:

We dont have an attorney general.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2019/04/18/mueller-report-makes-it-clear-trump-obstructed-justice/?utm_term=.d041a0dd5286#click=https://t.co/oVXtFeuKqA

4 replies, 465 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply "We don't have an attorney general" (Original post)
Arkansas Granny Apr 2019 OP
True Blue American Apr 2019 #1
Arkansas Granny Apr 2019 #2
True Blue American Apr 2019 #3
spanone Apr 2019 #4

Response to Arkansas Granny (Original post)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 06:32 AM

1. So true!

All we have is a doddering old liar who thinks he can do the same thing he did in the 1980s.

Not working this time. Barr grew visibly agitated when the Press called him on his lies. Abruptly leaving the stage. I read that Rosenstein actually smiled! Revenge for making him stand poker faced while Barr lied?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to True Blue American (Reply #1)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 07:47 AM

2. While I was watching yesterday, I thought that Rosenstein looked visibly uncomfortable.

I'm not a body language expert, by any means, but that was the impression I got.

Reply to this post

Response to Arkansas Granny (Reply #2)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 08:13 AM

3. It is

Much easier to watch peoples faces and bodies when they speak or look uncomfortable.

Rosenfeld was deliberately keeping his body stll, but could not control his eyes when Barr became angry at the questions he was asked.

Pete Williams is the very best st. He is careful, deliberate in what he says.

When the ACA decision came out other Reporters glanced at the first page, ran out yelling they killed the ACA. Pete took the time to read the whole desion. Not true. From that day on he became my favorite.

Note, Pete is on right now!

Reply to this post

Response to Arkansas Granny (Original post)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 08:22 AM

4. Correct. We have a man who is the president's attorney moonlighting as AG

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread