HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Impeachment MUST take pla...

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 07:48 AM

Impeachment MUST take place whether his is convicted or not because it's the right

thing to do.
It's just possible that Mueller closed his investigation now even though he could have indicted him and would have taken a long time in the courts because it's too dangerous to leave trump in the presidency.

Imagine all the damage he could do in the rest of his term. He'd be like an angry bull in a china shop.

4 replies, 259 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply Impeachment MUST take place whether his is convicted or not because it's the right (Original post)
shraby Apr 2019 OP
Cary Apr 2019 #1
manor321 Apr 2019 #2
Blue_Tires Apr 2019 #3
NurseJackie Apr 2019 #4

Response to shraby (Original post)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 07:51 AM

1. We are in uncharted territory there is no "must."

There is a good argument for taking them all out at the polls. That argument may or may not be the best case, but it is a good argument.

We shall see.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 07:52 AM

2. I agree Mueller ended now so that Congress would have time to remove him.

Mueller said trying to subpoena the President would delay the investigation. But delay compared to what? Starr took four years. It is clear Mueller wanted the House to take this up.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 07:52 AM

3. co-signed

we can't not do it at this point

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 07:53 AM

4. I disagree.

I trust Nancy Pelosi and our Democratic leadership to make that decision, and right now I am in COMPLETE agreement with their approach to this.

Pursuing a failed impeachment purely for the "joy of impeachment" or to "send a message" will ultimately weaken the Democratic party.

I'm so glad that Nancy Pelosi and our Democratic leaders aren't tempted by these types of impulsive and knee-jerk responses. I like that they are thoughtful, reasonable and practical. I like that they know how to count and that they are taking a realistic approach.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread