HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » It is really disheartenin...

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 11:13 AM

It is really disheartening

to listen to the news pundits frame their questions as "now that the Mueller report is out, what should Democrats do" as if it is only up to the Democrats to do anything. Correct me if I'm wrong but the the name of the report is "Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election." Nowhere in the title does is say Democrats, Republicans or for that matter Trump. Trump wasn't hacked, Hillary was hacked. So why aren't the newsies asking or challenging Republicans about the 2016 election and asking them what should be done to protect our elections going forward? Why is everything being framed around Trump? Yes, Trump and his cabal are up to their eyeballs in this. But the fact that Trump was even "elected" in the first place is the bigger issue. That is my big take away from this report. And this is why candidates need to be much more carefully vetted, it must be mandatory that tax returns are released, election systems must be hardened, and for that matter social media sites need to either do a much better job of self-policing or be regulated, sanctioned, fined and/or shut down if they continue to allow mis-information on their platforms. Yes, every day Trump remains in office makes my blood boil and if he has committed crimes, that the EDVA, SDNY and others are ready to file charges against him and his spawn on January 22, 2021. (He can't pardon his brats if he's not president.) And for that matter, Sessions, Whitaker, Barr, Pence, McConnell, Nunes, Graham, Burr and anyone else in government who participated should also be punished. But to me the biggest issue is the 2020 election. And the fact that Trump joked about remaining president for another 8-10 years, which is what he "joked" about at the wounded warriors event should make everyone pay attention. Because we all know that Trump doesn't joke - he's floating to gauge our reaction. We have an amazing list of candidates to choose from but it won't make a bit of difference if our elections are hacked. And it doesn't appear that anyone outside of the DU sphere is talking about this.

4 replies, 826 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 4 replies Author Time Post
Reply It is really disheartening (Original post)
aquamarina Apr 2019 OP
pandr32 Apr 2019 #1
Bernardo de La Paz Apr 2019 #2
Bernardo de La Paz Apr 2019 #3
stillcool Apr 2019 #4

Response to aquamarina (Original post)

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 11:16 AM

1. K&R

Good points made.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 11:18 AM

2. Disheartening, yes, but Resist, Persist & Democrats will win 2020 like 2016. Plus 12 Mystery Referra

It's not over.

Mueller's report is the end of the Beginning. We are now in the Middle. The End phase of tRump's fall will be swift when it arrives. There will be a lengthy extended denouement after his fall as he and his family are swept into the dumpster of history.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 11:19 AM

3. It's also disheartening when people write Democrats with a small D like Republicons want us to.

Reply to this post

Fri Apr 19, 2019, 12:12 PM

4. the problems with

elections have been with us for a long time. I try not to pay attention. The same states do the same sh*t every election, and it's depressing. The GOP rules the roost, and Democrats, as well as everyone else.. blame the Democrats for all their woes. It almost guarantees more success for the Republicans, and they don't need much more to take ownership of it all.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread