HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » If we are going to impeac...

Mon Apr 22, 2019, 12:37 PM

If we are going to impeach, it's got to be this year

Iíve seen some comments floating around here that we should wait till after Trump loses the election next year to impeach him.

No. One of the reasons to impeach is to stop his group from damaging the Republic any further. We need to open an impeachment inquiry NOW. We have the numbers, folks: we need 20 Senate Republican votes to get rid of the bastard and there are 22 Senate Republicans who do not want to have to explain to their voters why someone who supports a criminal traitor like Trump needs to stay in office.

Impeaching Trump after he loses the election is like shooting down an enemy plane after it bombs your headquarters: fun, but too late to do any good.

3 replies, 253 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply If we are going to impeach, it's got to be this year (Original post)
jmowreader Apr 22 OP
manor321 Apr 22 #1
TwilightZone Apr 22 #2
jmowreader Apr 22 #3

Response to jmowreader (Original post)

Mon Apr 22, 2019, 12:40 PM

1. I agree, waiting until the election is critically flawed.

What if he wins (let's say by a narrow Electoral College win)? That would mean he's right and the Mueller investigation was a witch hunt.

Given the facts, impeachment is the only option.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to jmowreader (Original post)

Mon Apr 22, 2019, 12:41 PM

2. Impeachment isn't going to happen after Trump loses.

The whole point of impeachment is removal from office.

Is it technically possible to impeach after he leaves office? Possibly, but there wouldn't be any point. The only penalties from impeachment are removal from office and being banned from future office.

He could, however, be indicted after he loses. That would actually be more likely to result in tangible results, i.e. jail time.

Reply to this post

Response to TwilightZone (Reply #2)

Mon Apr 22, 2019, 12:52 PM

3. I know that and so do you

And really, besides taking away his pension (which he doesnít need; his golf courses alone will keep him in Big Macs and cheap makeup until the end of his days) what good would it do?

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread