HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The real reason Trump wan...

Wed Apr 24, 2019, 11:48 AM

The real reason Trump wants the citizenship question on the census

He is trying to suppress the response rate in California.

Trumpís handlers know the census decides the apportionment of seats in the House of Representatives. If he can suppress California out of four or five of its seats, they can be moved to red states.

Of course, if that happens California will retaliate by gerrymandering their state down to maybe four Republican seats.

Always remember how unbelievably evil Trump is.

3 replies, 682 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply The real reason Trump wants the citizenship question on the census (Original post)
jmowreader Apr 2019 OP
Johonny Apr 2019 #1
mitch96 Apr 2019 #2
jmowreader Apr 2019 #3

Response to jmowreader (Original post)

Wed Apr 24, 2019, 12:16 PM

1. California can't gerrymandering their state. They passed a bill to help prevent

gerrymandering.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to jmowreader (Original post)

Wed Apr 24, 2019, 01:13 PM

2. "suppress the response rate in California. "

I think he is trying to hurt and undermine states with large undocumented populations. If he can reduce the congressional seats of those states, he can further stop or slow down things that would help these people...
YMMV,
m

Reply to this post

Response to mitch96 (Reply #2)

Wed Apr 24, 2019, 04:27 PM

3. Or large populations of Latinx citizens

Everyone who isnít a MAGAt knows Trumpís dislike of nonwhites. I figure if Trump gets the citizenship question his Census Bureau will let it be known people will go to jail for the slightest infraction. I think if I was in one of Trumpís targeted ethnicities Iíd think twice about filling out the census form.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread