HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Let's Not Give Republican...

Wed May 8, 2019, 11:26 AM

Let's Not Give Republicans a Pass

Granted, it will be left to Democrats to protect the constitution and our democracy. However, I believe more needs to be said, especially in the MSM, how Republicans have given us the Trump debacle and they are not honoring their oaths of office to protect the constitution. They are knowingly and willingly selling out our country.

10 replies, 733 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 10 replies Author Time Post
Reply Let's Not Give Republicans a Pass (Original post)
dlk May 2019 OP
Wounded Bear May 2019 #1
Autumn May 2019 #2
Chin music May 2019 #3
tokalion May 2019 #4
Varaddem May 2019 #5
dlk May 2019 #6
LibFarmer May 2019 #7
WyattKansas May 2019 #8
gratuitous May 2019 #9
dlk May 2019 #10

Response to dlk (Original post)

Wed May 8, 2019, 11:29 AM

1. Too true, but...

currently, Repubs tend to not feel shame, about anything, let alone something so esoteric as treason or selling out for profit.

Not sure where to go with that, but there it is. The Repub party has been purging moderates and patriots for years and years.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed May 8, 2019, 11:32 AM

2. They are traitors to America. Trump is not an aberration, he is a creation of the GOP.

To give them a pass is foolish and dangerous.

Reply to this post

Wed May 8, 2019, 11:34 AM

3. Time to destroy the gop.

Buncha con men and liars.
Democrats are doing a fantastic job today!!

Reply to this post

Wed May 8, 2019, 11:41 AM

4. R-cons should no longer be considered a political party

I've been posting this on Twitter:

The Republi-con party is no longer an American political institution. But, rather a criminal enterprise financially beholden to a foreign adversary...

I don't post much, but I'm pissed!

Reply to this post

Wed May 8, 2019, 11:43 AM

5. The press

Should preface McConnell and barr appearance or releases with full disclosure. What, how much, and how many Russian financial connections.

Reply to this post

Wed May 8, 2019, 11:46 AM

6. Granted, for Republicans the Ends Justify the Means

I would like to see them called out in it more often in the mainstream media, who too often gives them a pass in their pursuit of bothsiderism. I am very proud of our Democrats in Congress. They are being thoughtful and methodical in their pursuit of the facts and justice and I disagree with those complaining they are being too timid. This isnít a prime time tv show where the heroes crash in, guns blazing. Democrats are establishing a reasoned, step-by-step record for the courts, which is how we will ultimately prevail. Some things canít be rushed as much as we would like them to be.

Reply to this post

Wed May 8, 2019, 11:51 AM

7. The media were complicit in giving us Trump

in their chase for ratings

They gave exposure to Trump and made him sound reasonable and normal while demonizing Hillary

The media's malfeasance should also be pointed out by the next POTUS and congress

Reply to this post

Wed May 8, 2019, 11:54 AM

8. If it were not for the Republican Party...

There would be no Trump fucking everyone in the country over with all of his toxic bullshit and the 'Tea Party' wing of it killing off everything people need from the government. They are all a cancer and the Republican Party is the one that implemented Ayn Rand delusional fantasies as a factual policy. Any American that votes for any Republican should be embarrassed for failing their country.

Reply to this post

Wed May 8, 2019, 11:56 AM

9. I agree

Republican office holders should be asked at every opportunity why they think this corrupt administration doesn't merit any oversight at all. The question doesn't have to be "Why aren't you marching on the White House with torches and pitchforks?" That causes a defensive reaction, and the spinning of ludicrous bullshit as ordinary business. Just a simple question about the duties of Congress under the Constitution. Get them on record for shirking their responsibility: "The president hasn't done anything wrong!" Really? What makes you say that?

Reply to this post

Wed May 8, 2019, 12:31 PM

10. The Fairness Doctrine Needs to be Reestablished & Enforced

Reaganís elimination of it set us on this propaganda-filled course.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread