HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » GOP Rep. Rob Woodall Prou...

Mon Jun 10, 2019, 08:55 AM

GOP Rep. Rob Woodall Proudly Defends Not Reading the Mueller Report to MSNBC's Kasie Hunt

By Colby HallJun 10th, 2019, 7:58 am

Rep. Rob Woodall (R-GA) sat down with MSNBC’s Kasie Hunt Sunday evening and proudly explained why he chose not to read the Mueller Report.

After a brief discussion about President Donald Trump’s criticism of Speaker Nancy Pelosi and the ongoing trade negotiations with Mexico, Hunt turned to “the investigations” and simply asked if her guest had the Mueller Report. When the outgoing congressional member who has longtime identified as a member of the Tea Party said that he had not, Hunt asked why.

Woodall’s explanation appeared to confuse his host as he seemed to defend his willful ignorance. The Georgia Rep opened by lauding Special Counsel Robert Mueller as a “man of great integrity” before explaining his concern about putting the “entire power of the United States Justice Department behind anything” suggesting that, despite Mueller’s integrity, one can”achieve an agenda. You can drive a message.”

The odd interview sort of got odder from there. Hunt asked her guest “As a concerned curious citizen, you weren’t interested to read it?”

Woodall replied “I didn’t read the Bill Clinton report, either. I didn’t follow any of that news.”

Hunt: “You weren’t in Congress at the time!”

But Woodall was a voter. So there’s that.

video
https://www.mediaite.com/tv/gop-rep-rob-woodall-proudly-defends-not-reading-the-mueller-report-to-msnbcs-kasie-hunt/

6 replies, 613 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply GOP Rep. Rob Woodall Proudly Defends Not Reading the Mueller Report to MSNBC's Kasie Hunt (Original post)
DonViejo Jun 2019 OP
MrScorpio Jun 2019 #1
struggle4progress Jun 2019 #2
genxlib Jun 2019 #3
sop Jun 2019 #4
kairos12 Jun 2019 #5
greatauntoftriplets Jun 2019 #6

Response to DonViejo (Original post)

Mon Jun 10, 2019, 09:04 AM

1. He's special.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Jun 10, 2019, 09:15 AM

2. The "Report On The Investigation Into Russian Interference In The 2016 Presidential Election"

just didn't interest him, because he's a Republican!

Reply to this post

Mon Jun 10, 2019, 09:22 AM

3. Willful Ignorance meets Plausible Deniability

Convenient how that works.

I also heard that sticking your fingers in your ears and chanting "na-na-na" works wonders too.

Reply to this post

Response to genxlib (Reply #3)

Mon Jun 10, 2019, 09:37 AM

4. Republicans wear ignorance as a badge of honor

As with most other topics, not reading Mueller's report, yet having an opinion on it, is Republicans' way of saying "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

Reply to this post

Mon Jun 10, 2019, 10:35 AM

5. Still waiting on the Russian translation.

Reply to this post

Mon Jun 10, 2019, 10:59 AM

6. Coward can't handle the truth.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread