HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Florida Chick-Fil-A Owner...

Sat Jun 15, 2019, 08:27 PM

Florida Chick-Fil-A Owner And Church Youth Leader Arrested For Molesting Underage Child

Authorities say a Florida Chick-fil-A owner and operator has been charged with molestation, reports The Miami Herald.

Heather Matuszek, 32, was arrested Wednesday on two counts of lewd and lascivious molestation for incidents that allegedly occurred between August 2014 and April 2015, the Pinellas County Sheriff’s Office said.

Pinellas County Sheriff deputies alleged that as a youth leader at the Clearwater Community Church, Matuszek gained the trust of a 15-year-old girl so they could spend more time together.

While at the girl’s home, Matuszek allegedly spent the night and slept in the same bed as the girl, according to the arrest report.

According to the report, the girl felt “limp and paralyzed” when Matuszek began rubbing the girl’s body.

https://thegailygrind.com/2019/06/14/florida-chick-fil-a-owner-and-church-youth-leader-arrested-for-molesting-underage-child/

16 replies, 1128 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 16 replies Author Time Post
Reply Florida Chick-Fil-A Owner And Church Youth Leader Arrested For Molesting Underage Child (Original post)
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Jun 2019 OP
burrowowl Jun 2019 #1
jmowreader Jun 2019 #2
defacto7 Jun 2019 #3
Igel Jun 2019 #4
rockfordfile Jun 2019 #13
Cirque du So-What Jun 2019 #6
Igel Jun 2019 #5
Blue_true Jun 2019 #7
JI7 Jun 2019 #9
customerserviceguy Jun 2019 #10
Volaris Jun 2019 #12
customerserviceguy Jun 2019 #14
MagickMuffin Jun 2019 #15
customerserviceguy Jun 2019 #16
lunasun Jun 2019 #8
muntrv Jun 2019 #11

Response to Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin (Original post)

Sat Jun 15, 2019, 08:28 PM

1. Oh really!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Sat Jun 15, 2019, 08:33 PM

2. One little problem with this story

There's no such thing as a Chick-fil-A owner-operator. How you become a CFA store manager is to buy your job from the company for $10,000. The company decides whether they want to deal with you, picks the site, picks the design, constructs the restaurant on their dime, retains title to the building, pays you a salary, and can fire you at any time for any reason.

Reply to this post

Response to jmowreader (Reply #2)

Sat Jun 15, 2019, 08:45 PM

3. Is Florida a Right to Pay $10,000 to Work state?

Reply to this post

Sat Jun 15, 2019, 08:58 PM

4. This link seems about right.

https://www.businessinsider.com/what-it-costs-to-open-a-chick-fil-a-2016-1

They call their franchisee owners "operators." Hence "owner-operator" seems appropriate.

They're not employees. It's more complicated than that. CFA owns the physical plant and brand. You pay them for supplies and for leasing the equipment/site, and what your "salary" is is what's left over. You bring in a lot of money, you profit and they share your profit. You have slack sales, you sacrifice your income, and they also get less. So it helps the franchisee to have high sales volume/profitability and it helps CFA to do things to help their franchisees. Moderately clever, actually.

They may be able to terminate the contract at any time, but I haven't seen the contract.

And while they discourage multiple locations for a single franchisee, it's possible. The one near where I work is one of several run by the same operator.

Reply to this post

Response to Igel (Reply #4)

Sun Jun 16, 2019, 10:11 AM

13. That company is still a pos un-American company

Reply to this post

Sat Jun 15, 2019, 09:03 PM

6. Back to this story...

I think it's safe to say she'll be forfeiting her $10K.

Reply to this post

Sat Jun 15, 2019, 09:02 PM

5. This is the kind of article that both confirms and creates problems for the usual beliefs.

Ooh, corrupt CFA franchisee. How hypocritical.

But, um, the franchisee is female and the victim is female. So CFA has, it would seem, LGBT franchisees with no problem. (And before somebody says, "But that doesn't mean GLBT", note the link. It's apparently not an assumption unique to me.)

At least she appears to have kept it out of the workplace. Emphasis on "appears." Instead it's another case of church child sex abuse.

Reply to this post

Response to Igel (Reply #5)

Sat Jun 15, 2019, 09:16 PM

7. That woman was likely a gay person on deep, deep denial.

I have a younger acquaintance that can't believe that her devoutly religious mom is bisexual, even after her mom left her dad for another woman.

Reply to this post

Sat Jun 15, 2019, 09:47 PM

9. Chik Fila has always done business with lgbt people

from hiring them to welcoming their business. this is why it has always been tough to boycott.

but the issue was never their business practice but about the groups that the owner donates money to. since he gets money from the sales at that business people called for a boycott.

Reply to this post

Sat Jun 15, 2019, 10:46 PM

10. It has nothing to do with either

a church or Chik-fil-A. It is a child molestation problem, and can happen with most any situation.

Reply to this post

Response to customerserviceguy (Reply #10)

Sun Jun 16, 2019, 12:21 AM

12. I'll give you the first 2, but not gonna go there with you on the last ..

Nope. 32 and FIFTEEN?
Na,..that bitch should know better.
Go to jail. Go DIRECTLY to jail, and do not pass 'go' .

Reply to this post

Response to Volaris (Reply #12)

Sun Jun 16, 2019, 02:22 PM

14. Oh, I'm with you on prison

However, women always seem to get lighter sentences than men for the same crimes. Look at all the teachers who lose their jobs, whine in front of the court that's punishment enough, and get put on probation after a minimal sentence. I'm thinking Mary Kay Letourneau here.

Reply to this post

Response to customerserviceguy (Reply #14)

Sun Jun 16, 2019, 02:43 PM

15. I beg to differ

there are a lot of times the men face zero punishment. Or a Judge will feel sorry that the man got caught and will make damn sure they don't suffer at the hands of their victims.

Reply to this post

Response to MagickMuffin (Reply #15)

Sun Jun 16, 2019, 02:51 PM

16. Well, in those cases

judges need to be recalled by the citizens. We need to deal with child molestation/rape as a genuine crime, and not as some sort of misunderstood mental aberration.

Again, like Mary Kay Letourneau, I have direct experience with the leniency that male perpetrators get in Washington State. My ex was planning to marry a man who was a convicted child rapist. He did about ten rapes that investigators found, but copped a plea on the two that had the most evidence, and only did about six months in the slammer, half of that in a halfway house. I went to court to get my youngest two kids' custody, and we had the judge who gave the lenient sentence for that trial.

Reply to this post

Sat Jun 15, 2019, 09:30 PM

8. Ah Ha Ha would be funny if a 15;yr old girl wasn't involved because you know chick fil a

A church leader so who knows how long she has been doing this to girls while acting all holier than thou and sprouting a homophobic Chick fil a
I bet that investigation sadly turns up more victims

Reply to this post

Sat Jun 15, 2019, 11:41 PM

11. More famlee valyooz!

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread