HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Either Mueller was heavil...

Sun Jun 16, 2019, 01:49 PM

Either Mueller was heavily stymied or he fucked up big time (or both).

3 replies, 831 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Either Mueller was heavily stymied or he fucked up big time (or both). (Original post)
triron Jun 16 OP
emmaverybo Jun 16 #1
stopdiggin Jun 16 #2
triron Jun 16 #3

Response to triron (Original post)

Sun Jun 16, 2019, 01:56 PM

1. Right from the start, it was agreed that any counterintelligence information would be collected

by FBI agents embedded with the investigation. This was not a “fix,” but rather a matter of that material being best handled within an intelligence agency, not under a special prosecutor.
Now the question is what happened to it and why is not the House getting intelligence briefings?

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to emmaverybo (Reply #1)

Sun Jun 16, 2019, 02:22 PM

2. agreed, there from the start

Would have to agree. Am not, and never was, a Mueller fan boy. But I think there were conditions and constraints that were "built in" to the special prosecutor's role. And Mueller shouldn't be criticized for working within parameters that were given him. Now the DOJ .. I think we need to take a hard look at where they have been during this whole fiasco. A man like Trump in the oval office presents a completely new set of problems.

Reply to this post

Response to emmaverybo (Reply #1)

Sun Jun 16, 2019, 05:11 PM

3. I am referring especially to the first part of what Seth refers to; 'aiding and abetting'.

But I guess that may be subsumed under counter intel.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread