HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Wow, Pre-existing conditi...

Sat Jun 29, 2019, 04:33 PM

Wow, Pre-existing conditions was a a part of the 1993 Healthcare coverage HRC proposed.

I have been studying the history of healthcare insurance and healthcare in the USA. Many surprises. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clinton_health_care_plan_of_1993

https://www.congress.gov/bill/103rd-congress/house-bill/3600/text (full text of the proposed Bill)

I had forgotten about Wm Kristol's role in defeating this movement.

Nothing new under the sun, I guess.

3 replies, 874 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Wow, Pre-existing conditions was a a part of the 1993 Healthcare coverage HRC proposed. (Original post)
cbelle1039 Jun 2019 OP
yardwork Jun 2019 #1
Ohiogal Jun 2019 #2
sop Jun 2019 #3

Response to cbelle1039 (Original post)

Sat Jun 29, 2019, 04:42 PM

1. I remember it very well.

The insurance industry destroyed the initiative, with a lot of help from the AMA. The Republicans gleefully wrecked all momentum while attacking Hillary Clinton for daring to be a woman who actually had opinions and ideas.

Not much has changed in 25 years on the sexism front.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to yardwork (Reply #1)

Sat Jun 29, 2019, 04:45 PM

2. Everything you said is true.

And I also remember the criticism heaped on Hillary for actually performing a job in her husband's administration. Boggle the mind that we haven't really progressed much as a nation.

Reply to this post

Response to cbelle1039 (Original post)

Sat Jun 29, 2019, 05:14 PM

3. They'll bring back "Harry and Louise" when Warren tries to pass Medicare for All

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread