HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » I sure wish the media wou...

Mon Jul 29, 2019, 05:03 PM

I sure wish the media would stop covering Trump's racists tweets. It just gives Trump more exposure

Why hasn't the media caught on to this. Every time you repeat a Trump lie, it gets reinforced as truth in the atmosphere. Media, please stop it!!

9 replies, 544 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread

Response to faymer7 (Original post)

Mon Jul 29, 2019, 05:11 PM

1. Because they're in on it. We know dumps lies are outrageous but dump tv and the so called media

Repeat it and the stupid believes every word of it.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Jul 29, 2019, 05:15 PM

2. I don't think that is true for overt racism.

You can argue that exposing Trump is helpful to him in different areas. Also, Americans are pretty much raised in an environment saturated with racial bias so there is a kind of subconscious acceptance of subtle racism. However, we get pretty uncomfortable about overt racism.

You can say, "Well yeah there are more Black people on prison, and it is complicated but something is going on in the community...." and a lot of people will just kind of accept that statement. If you keep talking about "Rat infested, hell holes, where No human being wants to live", and that place has a decent population of White people, then people start questioning.

It appears that is happening now.

There are the people in Trump's base who fully endorse his racism, but they are not a large segment of the population. Overt racism ultimately hurts Trump.

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 29, 2019, 05:20 PM

3. I disagree. I want the media to spend 24/7 covering him as the racist, hateful,

pussy grabber that he is. If the media doesn't report it, a chunk of the population would assume everything in Washington is just normal and it bloody well isn't.

Reply to this post

Response to Vinca (Reply #3)

Mon Jul 29, 2019, 05:31 PM

6. Exactly, put him on round the clock, so that everyone has to see his ignorance, racism, greed, etc.

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 29, 2019, 05:26 PM

4. The more people who believe Trump is a racist, the more it will hurt him

Equality is a core American value. I don't think many people realized in 2016 how racist Trump was. The more this issue gets hammered to the public, the better.

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 29, 2019, 05:27 PM

5. I want the media to keep covering his tweets.

His base loves them but he won't lose them no matter what. The Democrats don't need to see them since he isn't going to pick up any Democrats with them. It is the undecided and independents that need to see them because his tweets will cost him votes from those groups.

Reply to this post

Response to Everyman Jackal (Reply #5)

Mon Jul 29, 2019, 05:36 PM

8. Exactly!!! "It is the undecided and independents that need to see them because

his tweets will cost him votes from those groups."

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 29, 2019, 05:34 PM

7. It's a money maker for MSM. That's ALL they care about, P&L. The more angst they can create, the

more the Profit side of the equation goes up. MSM, for the most part, never welcomes calmness.

Reply to this post

Mon Jul 29, 2019, 06:17 PM

9. The media are not as bad as the WWW......often even right here.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread