HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Is Muslim terrorism being...

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 12:35 AM

Is Muslim terrorism being superseded by Christian right wing terrorism in America?

Is Muslim terrorism being superseded by Christian right wing terrorism in America?

The last Muslim mass killing I can remember was a major at Fort Hood.

9 replies, 831 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 9 replies Author Time Post
Reply Is Muslim terrorism being superseded by Christian right wing terrorism in America? (Original post)
keithbvadu2 Aug 2019 OP
egduj Aug 2019 #1
triron Aug 2019 #2
gordianot Aug 2019 #3
jayschool2013 Aug 2019 #4
RockRaven Aug 2019 #5
PandoraAwakened Aug 2019 #6
Wounded Bear Aug 2019 #7
KY_EnviroGuy Aug 2019 #8
superpatriotman Aug 2019 #9

Response to keithbvadu2 (Original post)

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 12:42 AM

1. Christian-based terrorism is a far bigger threat in America than Muslim-based terrorism.

In other parts of the world, not so much.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 12:43 AM

2. What muslim terrorism????

Does not exist except in rw crazed minds.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 12:45 AM

3. I see them both as fundamentalist religious terrorism.

You can add other terrorist movements that claim association with many religious beliefs. Include the Kims who invented their own North Korean belief system.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 12:52 AM

4. Just watched Fox News

Apparently what we really have to worry about is some old lady called "Auntie Fuh."

I'm looking into this, so stay tuned. Sounds like a bad mama.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 12:54 AM

5. There is no doubt amongst serious, honest, data-cognizant people. The evidence says YES.

It has said so for quite some time.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 02:37 AM

6. If you have to ask...

then you're way behind schedule. That knowledge train left the station about, oh, a decade or so ago.

Look at the actual data as compiled by the DHS many years ago proving domestic terrorism has always been and continues to be the number one threat to Americans and you might just end up rethinking the phrase "being superseded," as posed in your original question.

Best of luck to you in your quest for actual facts regarding the supposed "Muslim terrorist" threat versus the very real and long-threatening white nationalist / white extremist / neo-Nazi threat.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 07:34 AM

7. IIRC, you can count the number of Muslim attacks on the US on the fingers of one hand...

over the last 30 years.

Home grown RW extremists and Christians' attacks? Seems like the bodies keep piling up.

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 08:17 AM

8. I see it in a different light: Don't relate terrorism to religion.

Terrorism is criminality, period - a lust for power, assets and control. Some just wrap themselves with the flag of some religion or nation as a false pretense to attract foolish followers, then control those lives and their money. Most religions I'm familiar with don't advocate violence and in fact that violates their basic tenants. Those with lust for power dig through the ancient texts of religions to dig out justification for violence. Those texts are history and nothing more.

I see the roots of terrorism growing from poverty, tribal and cultural pigheadedness, greed, and a small sector of psychopaths in humanity mixed with abusive charisma that stir up the crap.

Perhaps we're doing a disservice to the billions of people around the globe that use their faith every day to cope with life peacefully by tagging their religion with a corrosive label.

I'm no longer a religious person but respect other people's need for one when used for the intended peaceful purpose in any society.

KY....

Reply to this post

Mon Aug 12, 2019, 08:31 AM

9. Yes

Propagated by right wing Christian imams and Fox News talking head mullahs calling for jihad against beige and brown people. No difference.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread