HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Sarah Sanders said she do...

Mon Nov 25, 2019, 01:18 PM

Sarah Sanders said she doesn't like being called a liar, and Twitter users were quick to respond

Sarah Sanders has been called a lot of things — but “liar” is what really gets under her skin.

The former White House press secretary told the New York Times that she was “attacked for everything” while working in the Oval Office, but questions about her truthfulness have rankled her the most.

But readers on Twitter were quick to respond that she is on the record in the Mueller report admitting that she made statements about the firing of FBI director James Comey that were not based on facts. Specifically, she told the press that “countless members of the F.B.I.” had told her they lost confidence in Comey. But Sanders revealed in the Mueller report that those comments were made “in the heat of the moment” and were not founded on anything. She has repeatedly referred to those statements as a “slip” or “slip of the tongue.”

As a result, #SarahSandersIsALiar was trending on Twitter on Monday morning.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/sarah-sanders-said-she-doesnt-like-being-called-a-liar-and-twitter-users-were-quick-to-respond-2019-11-25

5 replies, 897 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply Sarah Sanders said she doesn't like being called a liar, and Twitter users were quick to respond (Original post)
Zorro Nov 2019 OP
woodsprite Nov 2019 #1
LiberalBrooke Nov 2019 #2
Brother Buzz Nov 2019 #3
smirkymonkey Nov 2019 #4
Martin Eden Nov 2019 #5

Response to Zorro (Original post)

Mon Nov 25, 2019, 01:32 PM

1. I have 4 words: "if the shoe fits...". nt

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Nov 25, 2019, 01:45 PM

2. Tell the truth then Sarah.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 25, 2019, 02:03 PM

3. She didn't lie about Pickle...So there's that!

Dylan Harbin received the shoutout of shoutouts Wednesday when his letter was read by new press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders during the daily press briefing. "My name is Dylan but every body calls me Pickle ... I'm 9 years old and you are my favorit president. I like you so much I had a birthday about you. My cake was the shap of your hat."

https://www.recordnet.com/news/20170728/9-year-old-stockton-boy-called-pickle-really-wrote-that-letter-to-trump

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 25, 2019, 02:13 PM

4. Hey Sarah, the only person who lies more than you do is Trump. Why wouldn't people

call you exactly what you are? But go ahead, scurry off to your "safe space" in the state of Arkansas where people are so poorly educated they simply can't tell the difference.

Reply to this post

Mon Nov 25, 2019, 02:36 PM

5. She was a spokesperson for Donald Trump

Lying is the primary job requirement.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread