HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Republicans are making th...

Tue Feb 4, 2020, 05:33 PM

Republicans are making the argument on the Senate floor that it was all about "corruption"...

And the President had every right to ask a foreign country to fight "corruption". That is why he asked him to investigate the Bidens. Every single one of them seems to be resorting to that argument?

But it is a lie.

He did not care about "corruption", unless it was his own. He had every opportunity to investigate the Bidens. He could have gotten his personal Atty General to investigate, along with the FBI. But, he chose to let Rudy Giuliani do the "investigating".

Also, he never mentioned "corruption" in any of his phone calls or any of his speeches or any other place that is documented? It is a lie for Republican Senators to now fall back on the excuse that he was investigating the Bidens for corruption and nothing else.

3 replies, 465 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Republicans are making the argument on the Senate floor that it was all about "corruption"... (Original post)
kentuck Feb 2020 OP
leftieNanner Feb 2020 #1
TheRealNorth Feb 2020 #2
Proud Liberal Dem Feb 2020 #3

Response to kentuck (Original post)

Tue Feb 4, 2020, 05:34 PM

1. They were given their talking points

by Moscow Mitch and they are using them.

This all makes me sick. I think I'll go to the gym and get fierce for a while.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Tue Feb 4, 2020, 05:40 PM

2. When we win in November

The first thing we should do is open a corruption investigation into the GOP. Then we will see what corruption really looks like.

Reply to this post

Tue Feb 4, 2020, 06:00 PM

3. Even if it was true about the corruption (which it wasn't)

Trump had specific channels and conduits for him to (legally) ask Zelensky about the Bidens. His withholding of the aid was illegal and his attempts to get Zelensky to investigate the Bidens was wrong, especially his use of unappointed and unelected surrogates like Guiliani to facilitate the investigation.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread