HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Looking for advice about ...

Wed Feb 5, 2020, 12:30 PM

Looking for advice about political contributions (not for Primary Candidates)

I just got a letter from the DNC/Barack Obama asking for a donation. In the past, I have spent money monthly during the election year supporting the Democratic candidate for the House from my district, the Senate from my state, and the presidential candidate (and Democrxatic candidate for Governor in Virginia, which happens on an off year). On occasion, I have sent money to the DCCC or the DNC, but not usually. The DCCC constantly solicits me by phone, the DNC not so much.

I will have enough money to donate to my candidates, and then will have a bit left over. Does it makes sense to provide a donation to the DNC, or should I choose an out-of-state candidate (specifically, Senate races in Kentucky and Maine)?

Thanks for thinking about this and helping me make my decision

3 replies, 249 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply Looking for advice about political contributions (not for Primary Candidates) (Original post)
phylny Feb 2020 OP
Sherman A1 Feb 2020 #1
phylny Feb 2020 #2
Sherman A1 Feb 2020 #3

Response to phylny (Original post)

Wed Feb 5, 2020, 12:38 PM

1. I would send the money to the candidates of your choosing

rather than the DNC or the DCCC.

Just my opinion.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Sherman A1 (Reply #1)

Wed Feb 5, 2020, 12:40 PM

2. Thank you for responding!

I imagine the DNC/DCCC skim some off the top for operational costs, reducing what goes to the candidates themselves.

Reply to this post

Response to phylny (Reply #2)

Wed Feb 5, 2020, 12:41 PM

3. Most likely they do

to cover the overhead of such things as sending out that solicitation for donations.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread