HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » The leader of California'...

Mon Mar 2, 2020, 08:30 AM

The leader of California's Republican Party has a strategy for success: Never mention Trump

If the leader of the California Republican Party had her way, GOP candidates in this state would never mention President Trumpís name.

Not that Jessica Millan Patterson is trashing Trump ó itís hard to imagine a state Republican leader badmouthing a GOP president ó but she devours the polls like every political pro. And polls consistently show that throughout most of California, Trumpís name is dirt.

The latest poll by the nonpartisan Public Policy Institute of California found that among likely voters, 94% of Democrats and 57% of independents disapprove of Trumpís job performance. It was approved by 84% of Republicans, but theyíve become increasingly scarce in California.

So for any Republican candidate running in a competitive district against a Democrat, warmly embracing the unpopular president would be a vote-killer.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-02/skelton-jessica-patterson-california-republican-party-future

6 replies, 678 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply The leader of California's Republican Party has a strategy for success: Never mention Trump (Original post)
Zorro Mar 2020 OP
Iliyah Mar 2020 #1
riversedge Mar 2020 #2
Me. Mar 2020 #3
Wounded Bear Mar 2020 #4
Johonny Mar 2020 #5
DFW Mar 2020 #6

Response to Zorro (Original post)

Mon Mar 2, 2020, 08:40 AM

1. The Republican running for Katie Hill's seat in . . .

Lancaster sure is supporting shithole and especially the "wall".

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Mon Mar 2, 2020, 08:52 AM

2. You can smell Trump when he is coming. And it is not flowery.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 2, 2020, 10:35 AM

3. That Doesn't Mean The Dems Can't Hang Him Around Their Necks

Reply to this post

Response to Me. (Reply #3)

Mon Mar 2, 2020, 10:37 AM

4. GMTA...doesn't mean Dems can't talk about Trump lovers...

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 2, 2020, 11:21 AM

5. The problem for the Califronia GOP, no one ever mentions any of their candidates

It's like they don't exist anymore. Particularly around me. We used to be a swing district. I couldn't tell you the name of the person running for any state or local seat from that party. They're dead here.

Reply to this post

Mon Mar 2, 2020, 11:48 AM

6. Makes sense from their point of view

It still doesn't prevent Democratic candidates pounding Republicans over the head with Trump at every opportunity.

"Do you support your candidate for President in his re-election effort? No? Why not? Aren't you a Republican? Well, then what's wrong with your president? Oh. That much, huh? Then WHY THE HELL are you running as his party's candidate?"

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread