HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » A big pity about the lack...

Wed Apr 1, 2020, 09:07 AM

A big pity about the lack of testing

So, I was sick back in February and I'm convinced I've got antibodies. A test would confirm that.

Now I still would keep my distance from other people but couldn't I be doing some of the tasks that need to be done, without fear of getting sick myself?

I'd rather be volunteering than sitting home like this.

6 replies, 522 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 6 replies Author Time Post
Reply A big pity about the lack of testing (Original post)
Goodheart Apr 2020 OP
beachbumbob Apr 2020 #1
Phoenix61 Apr 2020 #2
jimlup Apr 2020 #3
magicarpet Apr 2020 #4
barbtries Apr 2020 #5
colsohlibgal Apr 2020 #6

Response to Goodheart (Original post)

Wed Apr 1, 2020, 09:11 AM

1. the time is near where a quick test might be available to check for anti-bodies and such

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Apr 1, 2020, 09:12 AM

2. One of the reasons the anti-body test is

so important. And would have to worry about getting anyone else sick.

Reply to this post

Wed Apr 1, 2020, 09:19 AM

3. Sit tight!

Until you know for sure. We still don't know about how long the antibodies remain. This is a scientific challenge that will be meet but it will take several months for the science to catch up to what is needed.

Reply to this post

Wed Apr 1, 2020, 09:28 AM

4. They are coming out with tests to find if antibodies are present....

You going stir crazy,

But think about this,

Make damn sure even if you prove to have COVID-19 AKA SARS-COVID-2,... well anyways, make sure this fucker can't circle back around a second time and bite ya.

After it sufficiently mutates will that give it the potential for its second harrah ? There seems to be something screwy like this going on in China, where those who have been cured and sent home. Then come back weeks later getting ventilator tubes once again shoved down their throats and into the lungs again.

Reply to this post

Wed Apr 1, 2020, 09:37 AM

5. huge pity.

such stupidity is hard to fathom.
I hope the antibody test becomes widely available soon. this is a plausible way to roll out the restart of the economy imo. Opportunities lost, people dying unnecessarily.
you are not the first person i've spoken to who believes they had it. the experts say multiply the number of confirmed cases times 10 to get a better idea of how prevalent it is. so the chances are good that you are absolutely right.

Reply to this post

Wed Apr 1, 2020, 10:25 AM

6. It Is Ridiculous

The thought out there now that as many as half who acquire the virus are asymptotic. I might be a prime candidate to maybe be one of those, I sure have the right blood type for that.

If mass testing were available after a time asymptotic folks could be a big help....even if you arenít a Doctor or Nurse there would have to be ways to help. Plus you could shop with no fear.

Twitler and Faux News are so, so culpable. I hope Fox gets sued big time. And I hope Trump loses in Historic fashion in November. Heíll whine about it to no avail it would be popcorn time.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread