HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Drump owning cable networ...

Mon Apr 6, 2020, 10:13 AM

Drump owning cable networks

Anyone else pissed that cnn/msnbc giving him so much time, clearly because he knows Biden has a town hall on another venue and wants to dominate the air time..it is time for them to start airing Bidenís town halls as a public service...not the daily bs.....allowing this to go on for hours...what is their motivation?

2 replies, 765 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Drump owning cable networks (Original post)
Dawgman49 Apr 2020 OP
PlanetBev Apr 2020 #1
MineralMan Apr 2020 #2

Response to Dawgman49 (Original post)

Mon Apr 6, 2020, 10:33 AM

1. The upside of this is that we are constantly reminded

Day to day, of his pettiness, vindictiveness, lunacy and just plain stupidity.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Dawgman49 (Original post)

Mon Apr 6, 2020, 10:41 AM

2. That's a tough call for those networks.

On one hand, they want to broadcast Trump's COVID-19 pressers because there is sometimes news in them, particularly if Fauci gets to speak. On the other hand, they're giving publicity to Trump. I don't watch CNN, but I do watch MSNBC at the time of day those pressers air. That network's analysis of those pressers is generally quite negative toward Trump, and they fact check most of what he says.

The issue, really, is that he is President and is newsworthy because of that. So, they cover his pressers as part of their overall coverage of what's going on. As someone pointed out, watching those pressers gives rational people a good look at our irrational President.

If you don't care for the coverage, I'm sure there are other channels you can select. However, the commentary following those pressers is worth watching, I think, generally.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread