HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » You wanna scare the crap ...

Sat May 30, 2020, 08:36 PM

You wanna scare the crap out of white America? March peacefully thru rich, white neighborhoods

Disclaimer: I am a white American.

White Americans often sit in their living rooms and watch these protests take place in inner cities, downtowns, and other areas of cities that arenít predominantly upper middle class, wealthy, or white.

Point being, itís time to really shake white Americans to their core. Take these protests peacefully thru lily white neighborhoods like The Hamptonís, 5th Avenue in Naples, Fl, or other areas where rich whites watch comfortably knowing theyíll go to sleep safely tonight. The police wonít launch tear gas into the neighborhoods of the wealthy.

That is the only way, in my opinion, to get the point across that Black Lives Matter, police brutality must end, and white people cannot indiscriminately kill African Americans.

This isnít a call for violence. This isnít to say all white people are racist or all police are bad. Itís a call to wake up to the fact that my white privilege is that I can go for a jog and no one will think Iím committing a crime. Itís my white privilege that if I go to the store, clerks wonít follow me around or think Iím passing a counterfeit bill. To borrow from a meme, even a lot of white people are sick of the racism of other white people!

5 replies, 947 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply You wanna scare the crap out of white America? March peacefully thru rich, white neighborhoods (Original post)
OrlandoDem2 May 2020 OP
LenaBaby61 May 2020 #1
OrlandoDem2 May 2020 #2
StarfishSaver May 2020 #3
OrlandoDem2 May 2020 #4
pecosbob May 2020 #5

Response to OrlandoDem2 (Original post)

Sat May 30, 2020, 08:45 PM

1. Don't think it would get that far.

Rich areas are protected.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to LenaBaby61 (Reply #1)

Sat May 30, 2020, 08:47 PM

2. You are right but it is time to push the envelope.

Reply to this post

Sat May 30, 2020, 08:48 PM

3. That would scare the crap out of black America, too - because that would surely get a whole lot of

black folk shot on the spot...

But it would certainly put a lie to the argument that "you need to protest peacefully if you want us to support your cause."

Reply to this post

Response to StarfishSaver (Reply #3)

Sat May 30, 2020, 08:50 PM

4. Can't really argue with that.

Reply to this post

Sat May 30, 2020, 09:06 PM

5. The Irish did that during the Draft Riots in NYC

but they, like people today, for the most part only vaguely realized their real enemy lived uptown...they lynched a lot of people of color during those riots before they headed north to burn the mansions.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread