HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » 'We'll see him in court':...

Fri Jul 17, 2020, 09:26 AM

'We'll see him in court': Atlanta mayor questions Georgia gov's 'bizarre' lawsuit over mask mandate

Keisha Lance Bottoms said she thinks it’s no coincidence Gov. Brian Kemp filed the suit after she pointed out President Trump violated the city's mask law.

WASHINGTON — Atlanta Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms said Friday that she thinks it’s no coincidence that Georgia’s governor filed a lawsuit against her over her city’s mask law a day after she said President Donald Trump violated it during his visit Wednesday.

“This filing of a lawsuit is simply bizarre, quite frankly,” Bottoms, a Democrat, said in an interview with NBC’s “Today” show.

Bottoms noted that Savannah implemented a mask order on July 1 and Republican Gov. Brian Kemp’s hometown of Athens instituted one on July 8.

“Then when Atlanta instituted a mask order — and I did it via executive order — he filed a lawsuit,” she said. “I don't think it happenstance that this lawsuit came the day after Donald Trump visited Atlanta and I pointed out that he was violating city law by not having on a mask at Atlanta's Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport.”

Bottoms said that in addition to the lawsuit, Kemp also “takes exception with some advisory business reopening recommendations that were made by the city” and is “suing us personally — myself and the city council — because of the advisory recommendations.”

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/politics-news/we-ll-see-him-court-atlanta-mayor-questions-georgia-gov-n1234141?cid=sm_npd_ms_tw_ma

5 replies, 479 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 5 replies Author Time Post
Reply 'We'll see him in court': Atlanta mayor questions Georgia gov's 'bizarre' lawsuit over mask mandate (Original post)
demmiblue Jul 17 OP
Skya Rhen Jul 17 #1
IllinoisBirdWatcher Jul 17 #2
crickets Jul 17 #3
Javaman Jul 17 #4
Yo_Mama_Been_Loggin Jul 17 #5

Response to demmiblue (Original post)

Fri Jul 17, 2020, 09:56 AM

1. This Mayor is the epitome of a strong, compassionate and courageous leader - very impressive.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Fri Jul 17, 2020, 10:46 AM

2. K & R

Reply to this post

Fri Jul 17, 2020, 11:34 AM

3. Good for Mayor Bottoms for standing up to Kemp.

Hours before it was set to expire @GovKemp extends #Georgia's #COVID19 protections and requirements. But on page 32 he also added in a provision prohibiting local governments from requiring #masks.

The move comes a week and half after @GovKemp went on a tour of #Georgia with @Surgeon_General promoting #WearAMask

Trump shows up in GA on July 15th and suddenly Kemp does an about face on masks.

Reply to this post

Fri Jul 17, 2020, 11:56 AM

4. kemp has a condo in the orange assholes colon. nt

Reply to this post

Fri Jul 17, 2020, 12:33 PM

5. Kemp is a COVIDIOT

Reply to this post