HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » If the rich and connected...

Wed Aug 26, 2020, 05:56 PM

If the rich and connected are exempt from the law, we do not have equal justice under the law.

If the laws only apply to the non-rich, the non-white, and the non-connected, or any combination of the above, we do not have a rule of law, and we cannot have equal justice under the law.

If the law only regulates non-whites, the police are a modern day equivalent of slave patrols.

If the law only regulates the non-rich, and non-connected, we have an oligarchy.

I am hoping and I will soon be working as a volunteer for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris, and if they win, we must pressure our politicians to insure that the rich and connected are subject to the law that applies to the rest of us.

And if that is done, Trump and his (so far) unindicted co-conspirators will spend the rest of their lives in jail, on bail, or in court.

It is not enough to put Democrats in control, it is equally important to the future of the US democratic experiment that we have equal justice under the law.

3 replies, 247 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 3 replies Author Time Post
Reply If the rich and connected are exempt from the law, we do not have equal justice under the law. (Original post)
guillaumeb Aug 26 OP
ck4829 Aug 26 #1
roamer65 Aug 26 #2
blueinredohio Aug 26 #3

Response to guillaumeb (Original post)

Wed Aug 26, 2020, 06:00 PM

1. K&R

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Wed Aug 26, 2020, 06:06 PM

2. Same justice for Rittenhouse as a black man would receive.

Execution.

Reply to this post

Wed Aug 26, 2020, 06:11 PM

3. I've always said that.

There should be no federal prisons to protect the rich, let them be in a regular prison with everyone else.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread