HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » My neighbor took down all...

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 10:55 AM

My neighbor took down all his Trump stuff..

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH..

He had a Flag, a Trump Banner on his porch, and signs in his yard. This morning he was out pulling everything.

Don the Con

96 replies, 10840 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 96 replies Author Time Post
Reply My neighbor took down all his Trump stuff.. (Original post)
DemsIn2020 Sep 2020 OP
malaise Sep 2020 #1
lindysalsagal Sep 2020 #2
malaise Sep 2020 #3
Wednesdays Sep 2020 #6
malaise Sep 2020 #4
LonePirate Sep 2020 #8
andym Sep 2020 #15
Mariana Sep 2020 #23
luvtheGWN Sep 2020 #45
wryter2000 Sep 2020 #48
BlancheSplanchnik Sep 2020 #55
Mariana Sep 2020 #65
luvtheGWN Sep 2020 #71
Mariana Sep 2020 #72
luvtheGWN Sep 2020 #74
TexasBushwhacker Sep 2020 #77
D23MIURG23 Sep 2020 #80
Fortinbras Armstrong Sep 2020 #83
D23MIURG23 Sep 2020 #86
Fortinbras Armstrong Oct 2020 #96
wryter2000 Sep 2020 #50
Jimbo S Sep 2020 #54
meadowlander Sep 2020 #60
Mariana Sep 2020 #67
thucythucy Sep 2020 #76
mercuryblues Sep 2020 #26
JHB Sep 2020 #27
wnylib Sep 2020 #66
Hugin Sep 2020 #28
NewJeffCT Sep 2020 #33
LonePirate Sep 2020 #35
NewJeffCT Sep 2020 #38
whopis01 Sep 2020 #70
whopis01 Sep 2020 #68
Blue_true Sep 2020 #88
C Moon Sep 2020 #32
malaise Sep 2020 #91
C Moon Sep 2020 #95
LisaM Sep 2020 #41
Blue_true Sep 2020 #87
durablend Sep 2020 #5
gratuitous Sep 2020 #7
lindysalsagal Sep 2020 #9
yellowdogintexas Sep 2020 #42
Klaralven Sep 2020 #10
lagomorph777 Sep 2020 #11
getagrip_already Sep 2020 #18
Whiskeytide Sep 2020 #12
LoveMyCali Sep 2020 #16
andym Sep 2020 #17
KS Toronado Sep 2020 #20
yellowdogintexas Sep 2020 #46
DeminPennswoods Sep 2020 #57
skip fox Sep 2020 #13
ffr Sep 2020 #14
smb Sep 2020 #73
SWBTATTReg Sep 2020 #19
BlueJac Sep 2020 #21
OMGWTF Sep 2020 #22
Fla Dem Sep 2020 #24
Ilsa Sep 2020 #29
True Blue American Sep 2020 #61
Mariana Sep 2020 #25
mwb970 Sep 2020 #31
mwb970 Sep 2020 #30
bullwinkle428 Sep 2020 #34
Blue_true Sep 2020 #89
Illumination Sep 2020 #36
Illumination Sep 2020 #37
cwydro Sep 2020 #84
Bonx Sep 2020 #39
ihas2stinkyfeet Sep 2020 #40
bucolic_frolic Sep 2020 #49
andym Sep 2020 #52
USALiberal Sep 2020 #43
orleans Sep 2020 #44
wryter2000 Sep 2020 #47
Lucinda Sep 2020 #51
BlancheSplanchnik Sep 2020 #53
Sherman A1 Sep 2020 #56
Major Nikon Sep 2020 #58
DeminPennswoods Sep 2020 #59
Blue_true Sep 2020 #90
Crowman2009 Sep 2020 #62
33taw Sep 2020 #63
Roc2020 Sep 2020 #64
onetexan Sep 2020 #69
ProfessorGAC Sep 2020 #78
Cha Sep 2020 #75
Blue_true Sep 2020 #92
RicROC Sep 2020 #79
Norbert Sep 2020 #81
Blue_true Sep 2020 #93
rownesheck Sep 2020 #82
mdbl Sep 2020 #85
Blue_true Sep 2020 #94

Response to DemsIn2020 (Original post)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 10:57 AM

1. Taxes are deeply personal

Everyone understands them

ByeKillaDontheCon!

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to malaise (Reply #1)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 10:58 AM

2. and his followers are aaaaaallllllll about resentment....

it's their special secret they all share....

Reply to this post

Response to lindysalsagal (Reply #2)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:00 AM

3. I knew this day was coming

This will be fun

Reply to this post

Response to malaise (Reply #3)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:02 AM

6. You can say that again!

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:04 AM

8. I figured his supporters would cheer him for cheating the gov on his taxes. It never crossed ...

my mind that they would be upset that he gamed the system they followed obediently and thus are mad at him about it.

Reply to this post

Response to LonePirate (Reply #8)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:36 AM

15. The tax story finally convinced some of them he is a loser

losing money big time-- tax cheating probably doesn't bother them as much.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:59 AM

23. I don't think it's the taxes. I think it's because he's broke.

He has had some supporters who were still convinced he was a brilliant businessman. Now they know they've been fooled, and they aren't happy about it.

His Christian voters, who support him for religious reason, will never turn on him no matter what.

Reply to this post

Response to Mariana (Reply #23)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:45 PM

45. Please don't call them "Christian",

because they are anything BUT

Reply to this post

Response to luvtheGWN (Reply #45)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:50 PM

48. Right

I'm a Christian.

I like Mark Maron's term, "Christofascist Zombie Brigade." Or just Christofascists.

Reply to this post

Response to wryter2000 (Reply #48)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 01:06 PM

55. christofascists, exactly.

I picked up that term from a wonderful young man many years ago. He was an ACT-UP activist.

Reply to this post

Response to luvtheGWN (Reply #45)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 01:45 PM

65. If they aren't Christians, what are they, exactly?

Are they atheists? Are they secretly followers of some other religion, pretending to be Christians? If so, which religion is that?

Reply to this post

Response to Mariana (Reply #65)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 02:09 PM

71. Here's an answer for you, Mariana:

When I was a young girl, ia asked my father if he considered himself a Christian, His answer to me was "I strive to be a Christian, in that I try very hard to follow Christ's teachings". And yes, he did -- always.

The followers of Trump have no business calling themselves "Christian".........

Reply to this post

Response to luvtheGWN (Reply #71)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 02:31 PM

72. That's a deflection, not an answer.

There are thousands of denominations of Christianity, countless "nondenominational" and "independent" churches, and who knows how many individual practitioners, each with their own interpretations of Christ's teachings. It must be a very difficult and complicated thing to figure out what Christ actually taught.

Trump's most devoted followers today are Christians who are convinced he was sent by God to implement his will for America. It is very difficult to convince these Christians that God would never do that, because the Bible is stuffed with stories about depraved and horrible men, much worse than Trump, whom God showered with his favor and his blessings, and put into positions of great power over other people.

The majority of Christian voters cast their ballots for Trump in 2016. It was not just the Evangelicals, he got 58% of Protestants, 52% of Catholics, and 61% of Mormons, if you count them as Christian. He could not have won without them, and they should not be deprived of the credit for his disastrous presidency.

Reply to this post

Response to Mariana (Reply #72)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 03:01 PM

74. I answered you by suggesting what a "Christian" actually is.

The Old Testament is as you described. Except for the Book of Revelation, written by a certain John who was (as has been suggested by many, many Christian theologians) high on what ever popular drug of the day was, and experienced hallucinogenic dreams, the New Testament tends to stick to the actual teachings of Jesus.

I happen to regard far too many American Christians as CINOs (Christians in Name Only). I am a Canadian non-theist, and every day our numbers swell. It's the Golden Rule for us, and none of the dogma that so-called "Christian" sects or denominations (or cults) prate on about. Religion is the great divider, it would appear.

Sorry if you feel I was deflecting in my previous answer. In fact, I was not.

Reply to this post

Response to luvtheGWN (Reply #74)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 04:09 PM

77. Exactly. They are most certainly theists

They believe in the God of Abraham. They believe in the Old Testament. They believe in the Armageddon part of the New Testament. They expect to be raptured. But Christ's teachings? Not so much.

Reply to this post

Response to Mariana (Reply #72)

Tue Sep 29, 2020, 07:55 AM

80. To me the amusing thing is that the Right wing Christians play exactly the same definition games.

Its not just lefties who play "no true scotsman" with the Christians they don't approve of. The right wingers are just as adamant that they are the only true "Christians" because those lefty heathens believe in "evil-lution" and tolerate LGBT identities, and aren't literal enough with the bible.

Reply to this post

Response to D23MIURG23 (Reply #80)

Tue Sep 29, 2020, 09:56 AM

83. Well, it's hard to call yourself a Christian if you ignore Matthew 25:31-46

This is what Christ said is necessary for salvation:

“When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will put the sheep at his right hand and the goats at the left. Then the king will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.’ Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?’ and the king will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family,[g] you did it to me.’ Then he will say to those at his left hand, ‘You that are accursed, depart from me into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not give me clothing, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ Then they also will answer, ‘Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not take care of you?’ Then he will answer them, ‘Truly I tell you, just as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to me.’ And these will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Far too many so-called Christians act as this did not apply to them. I have had a man tell me that when Christ said, "Love your neighbor as yourself" he was just being "touchy-feely". (This particular man had just said that he approved of bringing back burning at the stake for "religious crimes".)

The people I am speaking of have made God in their own image and likeness. Isn't it fascinating that so many televangelists believe that God hates the same people that they hate. The day after 9/11, Jerry Falwell went on TV and said, “I really believe that the pagans, and the abortionists, and the feminists, and the gays and the lesbians who are actively trying to make that an alternative lifestyle, the ACLU, People for the American Way — all of them who have tried to secularize America — I point the finger in their face and say ‘you helped this happen.’”

There's the Westboro Baptist Church who claim to be Christian. Remember them, the "God hates fags" people?

Now, saying that these people are not genuine Christians is not the No True Scotsman fallacy. There are certain criteria one must meet in order to have a legitimate claim about being a Christian, and these people fail to meet it. It's like saying that, despite his claim to the contrary, Lyndon LaRouche wasn't a Democrat.

Reply to this post

Response to Fortinbras Armstrong (Reply #83)

Tue Sep 29, 2020, 07:52 PM

86. You've all made god in your likeness. That's where he came from.

It doesn't matter that you think you've found the most important line in your book of mythology, and no one else can get by your standard, because its ALL open to interpretation, and your interpretation follows from your priorities and personality. Everyone's god agrees with them, and that isn't a coincidence.

A Catholic* can fire back at you that the important thing is being part of the church that has the authority to give sacraments and commune with christ (which they think only the Pope can really do) and that if you follow the rules and play the game, your sin ( i.e. not following Matthew 25:31-46 that well) will be forgiven in the end.

The Westboro Baptist church think you care about the wrong parts of the Bible, probably have some legalistic interpretation of your favorite verse, and think you are going to hell for not taking certain passages that they are fixated on seriously enough.

I've even had a right wing protestant minister explain to me that all versions of Christianity based on works are tragically misguided, because in his view christ made it perfectly clear that ALL people are too sinful to be saved on the merits of their action, and that only through faith can you be forgiven. That reasoning is also based on the Bible, and it completely moots your objection.

Don't get me wrong - I'm happy that there are Christians who have humanistic values, but the fact that your values are closer to mine than theirs doesn't put you on a stronger evidentiary footing. You're ALL doing a selective reading of an iron age mythology that contradicts itself thousands of times. That process doesn't and can't lead to a "right answer". If it could there probably wouldn't be so many denominations.

------------------------------
* Not to say that all Catholics are right wing but your views sound distinctly protestant to me.

Reply to this post

Response to D23MIURG23 (Reply #86)

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 09:43 AM

96. I must take issue with you

First, if you want to have a civil discussion, don't refer to Matthew 25 as 'the most important line in your book of mythology". I realize that many atheists take delight in gratuitously insulting Christians, but it would have been nice if you could have restrained yourself. Incidentally, had I cited either Plato or Aristotle, both of whom antedate the New Testament, would you have sneered at them as being "iron age" thinkers?

Anyway, I was citing a source that Christians find authoritative. I quoted it in the same way that I would have quoted the Talmud had the subject been proper Jewish behavior Jeremy Bentham had the subject been humanist ethics. I noticed that you only referred to what I wrote in passing.

I am a Catholic, and I know a great deal about the history and doctrines of the Catholic Church (I have a masters in the subject). There may be a few Catholics who believe that only the Pope can really commune with Christ, but no Catholic who has the least knowledge of his or her faith would say that. Similarly, the vast majority of Catholics would say that all one need do is "follow the rules and play the game" is completely wrong. Believe it or not, we have read the Epistle to the Romans.

I would suggest that your right-wing minister re-read both Matthew 25 and James 2. That one says "faith without works is dead". Another useful text here is Matthew 7:21-23, "Not everyone who says to Me, '‘Lord, Lord', shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, '‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'" Your minister thinks that if he says, "Lord, I believe", that is enough. Not if he reads his Bible, it isn't.

Reply to this post

Response to Mariana (Reply #23)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:51 PM

50. I'd bet

The Christofascists would finally turn on him if it turned out he'd gotten one or more women abortions.

Reply to this post

Response to wryter2000 (Reply #50)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 01:05 PM

54. Nah

They'd just say that was when he was a Democrat.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 01:26 PM

60. Like Bush with the DUIs it would just be "well, that's the past".

Or "sometimes God works through mysterious vessels".

There's no behaviour they can't come up with an excuse for.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 01:49 PM

67. No, they wouldn't.

They'd rationalize that he did that before he became a Christian. Therefore, all his sins are forgiven, as if they never happened. Isn't that a fundamental belief of most flavors of Christianity? Why, Trump is just like St. Paul!

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 04:01 PM

76. Only if one or more of the abortions was done in the past four years. nt

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:04 PM

26. This is something they uderstand

trump claims he is a multi billionaire and pays taxes. Refuses to release the documents to back up that assertion.

Meanwhile his low income and middle class followers earn far less than he does yet pay 1,000's in taxes every year. Those living paycheck to paycheck are rightly offended by this. I wish they were as offended when he separated families at the boarder and caged babies.

Not to long ago trump called our military losers and suckers. That lost him some support. Others waivered but still supported him. With this news some of those have defected from the cult.

It's not even Oct. yet.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:06 PM

27. The main thing for them won't be the tax dodging, it'll be the BS...

In particular, he bullshitted them about how wealthy and successful he was.

Reply to this post

Response to JHB (Reply #27)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 01:46 PM

66. Maybe finally seeing through his con job over

being a hot shot businessmen will also open their eyes to just how much of a con and BSer he is in other areas as well.

Phony businessman, phony patriot.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:06 PM

28. They're probably upset because they feel he paid...

too much.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:25 PM

33. I don't think they care about him cheating the system

so much as his taxes show he's a terrible businessman and terrible with money and is nowhere near being rich.

Reply to this post

Response to NewJeffCT (Reply #33)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:32 PM

35. It is just strange to me why him being a successful billionaire businessman is important to them.

To me, that does not make one single bit of difference to me as I support people who support my preferred policies. Personal wealth or job status matters not to me. Maybe it is simply a values difference between me and the deplorables. Of course, it also begs the question why these people did not support Bloomberg who is an actual successful billionaire businessman. Perhaps Bloomberg’s lack of racism is part of the reason why they did not like him.

Reply to this post

Response to LonePirate (Reply #35)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:41 PM

38. I've heard a few interviews with Trump supporters caught in the trade wars

and, it was always something like "Sure, these tariffs are (or this trade war is) hurting me personally, but Herr Trump is such a brilliant businessman that he must be doing it for a reason that I don't understand." (or, must be doing it to MAGA)

Reply to this post

Response to LonePirate (Reply #35)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 02:00 PM

70. I agree it is strange - but I have a couple thoughts on it

1) Many people treat politics like a team sport. All that matters is that your favorite team wins. You will like anything that comes out about them and hate anything that comes out about the opponent. The significance of anything has little to no meaning. All that is important is winning and getting to cheer about it.

2) Trump's business has always been selling an image. He has had the image of an incredibly wealthy, successful businessman. But what business has he ever run? It's been little more than putting his name on things to sell them. So, why does that work? Because people like to think that if they wear Trump ties, and eat Trump steaks, and live in Trump towers, then they are more like Trump. He has been selling this image for decades and his is actually quite good at it. He is far better at that than running a country.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 01:54 PM

68. It is going to be a mix of reactions

I think a good number will cheer him on, just how you described.

But it seems that some are turning against him (or at least being discouraged) because of this.

I think the big takeaway is that there is no way for him to benefit from this. Anyone who cheers on this behavior was already a supporter. He may lose a small amount of support over this, or he may lose a large amount of support over this. Either way, he is going to lose support.

Reply to this post

Tue Sep 29, 2020, 08:04 PM

88. They most likely resent that he is a failure that has been lying to them and getting

them to unquestionably buy the whole crap sandwich. They likely feel like fools and are likely sitting at their dining table steaming, trying to guess which neighbors are laughing at them.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:18 PM

32. I don't even think it's the taxes, it's that he was broke.

They all saw him as a successful business person. Now the whole world can see how he lied his way into their wretched lives.

MAGA people hate taxes. It’s because he was a failed business person.

Reply to this post

Response to C Moon (Reply #32)

Tue Sep 29, 2020, 08:21 PM

91. He's broke

Reply to this post

Response to malaise (Reply #91)

Tue Sep 29, 2020, 10:25 PM

95. Ha ha ha!!!!

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:42 PM

41. I was watching John Kasich on CNN yesterday.

He was fixated on the $750 thing. He was laughing about it (almost uncontrollably) but he basically said zero would have been better than $750.

People can relate to $750. Most of us probably pay more than that a month

Reply to this post

Tue Sep 29, 2020, 07:59 PM

87. And everyone who writes a tax payment check to Uncle Sam feel like

they are getting screwed. So, when a guy actively cheats, that get attention.

BUT, I believe the thing that is really galling a lot of MAGATS is that Trump is a failure, he is more likely broke than he is a billionaire. They have memories of the relative or in-law that was a failure but actively put on airs of success.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:01 AM

5. Awww such a snowfwake

Guess he doesn't want to announce to the world that he's a loser too

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:02 AM

7. That makes me happy

We don't need to turn every last fool who's supporting Trump; just a few votes in every precinct will have a very bad effect on Trump's numbers. And if those who wake up talk to any of their Trump-humping buddies, so much the better.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:04 AM

9. We don't need very many magats to stay home to retake the wh.

This is a BIG nail in the gop senate's coffin: They lose voters from this.

Idiots couldn't predict their own losses from this gangster.

Reply to this post

Response to lindysalsagal (Reply #9)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:44 PM

42. Amy McGrath needs to hit hard on McTurtle and his ill gotten gains from his inlaws.

Not quite the same thing but those poverty stricken mountain folks might wake up over this and either stay home or vote for her.

I do not care if Trump carries KY or not with their measly 8 electoral votes but knocking out McTurtle woul make me have sweet dreams for years!!

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:07 AM

10. Change of heart or just a "shy Trump voter"?

Reply to this post

Response to Klaralven (Reply #10)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:09 AM

11. Proud idiot to shame-faced ex-voter; very bad for Pres. Turd.

Reply to this post

Response to Klaralven (Reply #10)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:44 AM

18. exactly... they will still cast their vote for him

and claim otherwise. It's their right to do, and they will do exactly that.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:10 AM

12. Your neighbor is not mad he cheated ...

... on his taxes. That’s expected. He’s mad that he lied about being a billionaire. That’s a personal issue that frames him as nothing but a con-man. I’ve told republicans around here for two years that he’s a carpetbagger coming down South to swindle them out of their votes.

This vindicates me gloriously. I’m practicing creative ways to say “I told you so”.

Reply to this post

Response to Whiskeytide (Reply #12)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:37 AM

16. How about

From Will and Grace

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:40 AM

17. Trump is really a loser-- not sacrificing his billions to help them by serving as President

with his great business acumen, but really grifting.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:50 AM

20. My Dad always warned me to never say "I told you so" as it creates enemies.

But if you're creative and subtle.....go for it with repugs.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:45 PM

46. this is going to be the last straw for many of them nt

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 01:12 PM

57. Try "I informed you thusly"

LOL

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:10 AM

13. That's such good news.

Maybe the news getting through!

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:32 AM

14. Next, he'll be calling tRump a democrat

You watch.

Reply to this post

Response to ffr (Reply #14)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 02:42 PM

73. Future Fox News Chryon: Donald Trump (D) Indicted nt

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:49 AM

19. This is pathetic and shows clearly what he thinks of paying taxes and what an important role

taxes do for this Country, roads, bridges, infrastructure, etc. and this piker / loser didn't even try to pay a fair share of taxes, despite his so called 'great wealth' and such. Not even a token Wheel of Fortune $1000 minimum that they award any unlucky contestant who didn't win at least the minimum, $1000.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:53 AM

21. K&R

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:56 AM

22. I had trouble sleeping like a kid on Christmas Eve.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 11:59 AM

24. Usually my neck of the woods is blanketed in Trump signs. Not this year.

In fact all I've seen in my immediate area are Biden/Harris signs. Not a lot, but even some are a welcomed relief.

Reply to this post

Response to Fla Dem (Reply #24)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:08 PM

29. I've seen 4 in my neighborhood.

There were more 4 years ago. I wouldn't be surprised to see one or two of those signs taken down.

Reply to this post

Response to Fla Dem (Reply #24)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 01:27 PM

61. At first

It was all Trump signs. Today I noticed more and more Biden/ Harris.

If anyone has ever heard of St. John Transportation, busses, there were 5 brothers. The last one has a mansion here. He used to drive up on our Casino Trips. The yard is plastered with Democratic signs.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:01 PM

25. There aren't many Trump signs and flags out where I live

but there are some. I think I'll go out today and see how many are still there.

Reply to this post

Response to Mariana (Reply #25)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:09 PM

31. LOTS of Biden signs on my way to the store and back here in Columbus.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:09 PM

30. I am waiting for the old lady across the street to remove her trump flag.

Or maybe she's a diehard.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:26 PM

34. Stupid fuckers - he BRAGGED about being a tax cheat in 2016, debating Hillary!

Reply to this post

Response to bullwinkle428 (Reply #34)

Tue Sep 29, 2020, 08:13 PM

89. I believe the thing that is boiling their asses is that Trump lied to them about being a billionaire

when in fact, he may actually be broke, beyond broke actually, given how deep in debt that he is.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:40 PM

37. Gez! That's tragic! Hope you have a video to share with us so we can have a good laugh!...

Reply to this post

Response to Illumination (Reply #37)

Tue Sep 29, 2020, 09:58 AM

84. I saw several of these threads yesterday, but not one had a video to go with it sadly.

The buffoon signs are still up in the neighborhoods I drive through daily, though none in mine thankfully.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:41 PM

39. The NYT really nailed it this time. Trump can not recover from this.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:42 PM

40. i think the goppee'ers

are gonna stay home in droves.
we sweep the senate.

Reply to this post

Response to ihas2stinkyfeet (Reply #40)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:51 PM

49. You can't control what they do

We can only control our own behavior, and that is to vote in drove for Joe Biden and every Democrat down-ticket!

Reply to this post

Response to bucolic_frolic (Reply #49)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 01:01 PM

52. You can influence them

sadly stating how much a loser Trump really was and is when it came to finances.

Reply to this post

43. Really? nt

Reply to this post

44. what state is this in? n/t

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:48 PM

47. Welcome to DU

Good news about your neighbor. Is it possible this will get to his cult members? That would be the best news in the world.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 12:58 PM

51. I'm glad that he woke up. Hope he hadn't already voted.

❤️ ~✿~❧~🌿~❧~✿~ ❤️

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 01:03 PM

53. HAAHAAAAAAA!!! I love it!!!

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 01:12 PM

56. KnR

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 01:18 PM

58. It wasn't his bragging about his sexual assaults

It wasn't all the lying.

It wasn't all the mismanagement of a pandemic that killed hundreds of thousands.

It wasn't the blatant race baiting.

It wasn't the dozens of other disgusting things Trump did over the last 3 years.

It was finding out he's been a loser all his life who pissed away his daddy's fortune that did it.

Now after finally finding the bottom we know what 'basket of deplorables' really means.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 01:22 PM

59. Most Americans are aware that wealthy individuals and

corporations can avoid taxes by using the tax code in ways the rest of us just can't. But this really brings it home. The guy with more money than the vast majority would ever know abuses the tax system to pay a piddling $750 in federal income tax.

Here in PA, no one working and earning money is exempt from our state flat income tax, no matter how little you make.

Reply to this post

Response to DeminPennswoods (Reply #59)

Tue Sep 29, 2020, 08:20 PM

90. Trump is most likely broke. All his businesses have been money losers.

He has borrowed and used Ponzi schemes to look successful and maintain his fake lifestyle.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 01:41 PM

62. It's times like this that I'm glad I never liked Drumpf since the 80's.

People in this country liked to be ripped off for some reason.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 01:43 PM

63. I know he will lose some, but he has a core of people who will support him no matter what.

He could knock on their doors at night and steal their children and they wouldn’t care. They are a cult and the rich just want to know what loophole he used that they can also take advantage of.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 01:43 PM

64. I'm not surprised he cheated on his taxes

just look at the company he keeps. He is a criminal. I'm surprised though he is broke. I didn't see that.

Reply to this post

Response to Roc2020 (Reply #64)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 01:58 PM

69. Even at criminalizing he's not good at. It's a wonder he's gotten away with it all his life though.

Reply to this post

Response to Roc2020 (Reply #64)

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 04:22 PM

78. Many Of Us Here Knew

I suspected it long ago, but the Moody's report in 2018 was enlightening.
Highly inflated asset values (20% or more), understatement of debt load, from only US lenders (at least $1.2 billion)
Changed debt to equity from 1.12 to 5.7!
Given the amount of money started with, that net worth is indicative of a person that has no idea how to make money. Just good at borrowing it.
Then, we found out about Deutsche Bank (at least $800 million), the we find out about the state Bank of China (at least $300 million), and his idiot kid admitted on TV that they've gotten funding from Russian banks.
His wealth appeared to be an illusion since the university days. (People really good at making money don't sell you their secrets. They just go do it. Why would they want extra competition?)
The revelations above made it clear he was not uber wealthy.
This cements it.

Reply to this post

Mon Sep 28, 2020, 03:25 PM

75. Someone who wasn't so much in Cult45

that trump's tax returns wouldn't change his mind.

Reply to this post

Response to Cha (Reply #75)

Tue Sep 29, 2020, 08:26 PM

92. My guess that what changed his mind is the almost certainty that Trump is broke

and mega-deep in debt. MAGATS view themselves as winners, even when they are improvised, they hate people like panhandlers and others that they don’t view of being worthy of existence. Now they find out that a deadbeat conman has been leading them around by the nose.

Reply to this post

Tue Sep 29, 2020, 07:54 AM

79. Rather than Trump being soundly beaten....

such that the Dems can tell Repukes 'I told you so', it is better for the Trumpsters on their own to renounce that con man. It's better for their mental health, and it's better for Joe and Kamala to start healing the country.

Reply to this post

Tue Sep 29, 2020, 08:05 AM

81. Wish I could say the same.

A neighbor down the road is doubling down with a hand painted sign "Confirm her now".

Reply to this post

Response to Norbert (Reply #81)

Tue Sep 29, 2020, 08:35 PM

93. I saw MAGATS out in the town square today waving their Trump flags.

There were about 20 of them, most looked retired. I only took a few seconds to pass them, but if it is any consolation, there were lots of cars passing by and no one were honking their horn at them in support. Before I got to them, I saw a pickup truck that had passed most of them, but was stopped at a red light. The reason why I focused on that truck is that what is claimed to be the protypical Trump supporter was driving, a White man, mid-thirties to early 40s, had his work tools on his truck. I looked at him as he sped away from the red light and the Trumpers, man did he look pissed. I quickly looked at another working class guy who also had been at the light in another pickup, he also looked pissed. Those two men likely scratch and claw to get their taxes done and paid each year, then there is someone like Trump who considers them to be fools.

Reply to this post

Tue Sep 29, 2020, 08:57 AM

82. Unfortunately

in my neighborhood, 4 goobers put out their trump flags. And one of them is a "sucker/loser" vet who has an artificial leg which i assumed he lost while serving.

We're in Eyepatch's district in northeast Houston.

Reply to this post

Tue Sep 29, 2020, 10:15 AM

85. Did fux news quit lying?

Wonder what the breaking point was.

Reply to this post

Response to mdbl (Reply #85)

Tue Sep 29, 2020, 08:40 PM

94. No. It is just that the fact that Trump is a mega deeply in debt, broke conman who

lied to them successfully, that has them on pins and needles. Now, do they make him pay, or do them find a reason to vote for him.

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread