HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Trump's memes: "Unsolicit...

Wed Sep 30, 2020, 07:46 AM

Trump's memes: "Unsolicited Ballots" and Sending his People" inside of polls to stop voting is b.s..

Slow down and breath. In the end Trump is not a billionaire and he is the limp groom on the wedding night too.

These are true in Ohio @ least and I think they are true across the country.

Unsolicited Ballots .... No such thing. Because to get an absentee ballot aka mail in ballot
you have to be a registered voter and request a ballot be sent to you.

Trump "Sending his People," inside polling locations to monitor for fraudulent ballots is pure
crap because to be allowed inside a polling location you have to have credentials and you
are not allowed to disrupt voting. If a question arises about somebody being able to cast a
vote you can give your opinion and site the statutes but whether or not somebody can cast
a ballot it comes down to the precinct judge and the poll workers and if your are "in the book"
and a registered voter then you can vote. If you are "flagged" in the book then you can vote
but you must vote a provisional ballot. Usually it is because somebody asked for an absentee ballot.
And nobody is allowed to speak to a voter with in 100' of the front door and trying to stop
anybody on the way to the polls is a crime too.

7 replies, 424 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 7 replies Author Time Post
Reply Trump's memes: "Unsolicited Ballots" and Sending his People" inside of polls to stop voting is b.s.. (Original post)
Botany Sep 2020 OP
Statistical Sep 2020 #1
Botany Sep 2020 #2
beachbumbob Sep 2020 #3
underpants Sep 2020 #6
underpants Sep 2020 #4
brush Sep 2020 #5
DemsIn2020 Sep 2020 #7

Response to Botany (Original post)

Wed Sep 30, 2020, 07:48 AM

1. In Oregon (and a number of other states) you don't need to request a ballot

Prior to every election a ballot is sent to every registered voter. Done.

Of course Oregon has always been doing this for 20 years now with zero evidence. So Dump's distinction is without merit.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to Statistical (Reply #1)

Wed Sep 30, 2020, 07:49 AM

2. And that is why Oregon has the highest voting rate in America (I think)

In Ohio we are not that advanced.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 30, 2020, 07:57 AM

3. some one has to ENFORCE the law concerning intimidation at voting locations

if law enforcement does not, then that leaves us. I am a volunteer poll watcher and luckily our precinct will have little or no problems

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 30, 2020, 08:05 AM

4. The restriction on the GOP has ended. People are skipping over this threat

There was a court restriction specific to the nation GOP that has lapsed because, of course, this DOJ let it. It goes back to them hiring off duty cops in Philly (I think) in the 80ís.

The GOP is touting some massive volunteer operation to observe polls. They have more leeway to be disruptive. Trump was basically promoting this last night but the cult will hear a different call to action. They will hear that they, on their own, can observe-object-disrupt on their own. One good dustup in the right voting spot can back up the line a good ways. That, to me, is what this is all about. Itís not after the election we need to worry about itís during the election.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 30, 2020, 08:07 AM

5. trump was not asking supporter to go inside the polling stations...

to decide who can vote. He's askiing for armed thugs to show up outside polling locations to intimidate people from votingóblack people, brown people, people who look like Democrats.

That came through loud and clear to me.

Reply to this post

Wed Sep 30, 2020, 08:09 AM

7. The issue is..

Majority of LE, Judges, prosecutors, the SCOTUS are on Trump's side..

Reply to this post

Reply to this thread