HomeLatest ThreadsGreatest ThreadsForums & GroupsMy SubscriptionsMy Posts
DU Home » Latest Threads » Forums & Groups » Main » General Discussion (Forum) » Activity to Simulate Schi...

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 07:51 PM

Activity to Simulate Schizophrenia

I took part in an awareness activity that simulated what it was like to have schizophrenia. In the activity, we were supposed to have a conversation with a partner while a third person spoke through a paper towel tube into our ear---constantly saying strange and negative things ("You're a failure! He's laughing at you! You make no sense! Why are you even here?"

It reminded me of Trump leaning over on his podium, blithering on and on while Biden was trying to answer questions. Super-distracting. At least Biden could be sure that there was a visible explanation for the voices in his head. The source was the asshole POTUS. If that's any consolation.....

2 replies, 443 views

Reply to this thread

Back to top Alert abuse

Always highlight: 10 newest replies | Replies posted after I mark a forum
Replies to this discussion thread
Arrow 2 replies Author Time Post
Reply Activity to Simulate Schizophrenia (Original post)
Delarage Oct 2020 OP
BigmanPigman Oct 2020 #1
Delarage Oct 2020 #2

Response to Delarage (Original post)

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 07:56 PM

1. That voice in his head is his and his alone.

He is a sociopath narcissist with sadistic tendancies. He has multiple mental issues but I doubt schizophrenia is one of them.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Response to BigmanPigman (Reply #1)

Thu Oct 1, 2020, 08:02 PM

2. Definitely

I thought Biden might feel like he himself had schizophrenia b/c of Trump's unending barrage of negative bullshit. I almost felt like I did, just trying to listen to Joe respond. I don't know how he stayed as cool as he did, frankly. He was raised right, I guess.

Reply to this post

Back to top Alert abuse Link here Permalink

Reply to this thread